HD100 Bluescreen music video - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 1st, 2007, 09:13 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Smet View Post
What resolution and framerate are you using?

What is happening is that the fields are getting split into halves instead of weaved together.

What version of Liquid are you using? I used to see this problem with certain 2vuy exporters but I have not seen it in awhile. If you are using PAL SD what framerate is it? From your first post I thought your timeline was 576p 50p. I'm not sure if this format is supported with the AVID 2vuy exporter. That is why I find the SD 2vuy exporter to only work well with certain formats.
Thomas:

I recorded HDV 720/576 at 50p, but layed it down on a 720/576 25p timeline in after effects. (the 50p was only used for the slow-mo).

I'm tryintg to export the 25p to Liquid or AvidXpress so I can get in on tape. I'm using Liquid 7.1, and PAL SD 25p to (try) record to tape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenyon Gerbrandt View Post
Nima

Great job on the video. I think to celebrate you should go and have the inside of your lip tattoed!
Kenyon: I went out tonight and had a couple of beers too many. Went to the tattoo place, but the guy wouldn't do it on the inside of the lip. sorry...Thanks for the props though:)
Nima Taheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 09:20 AM   #17
Trustee

I just exported a 720x576 2vuy from After Effects and it imported fine into Liquid.

What version of Liquid and After Effects are you using? I know the codecs have been updated at some point. I did notice this problem in the past but again it isn't doing it for me anymore.
Thomas Smet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 05:53 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Smet View Post
I just exported a 720x576 2vuy from After Effects and it imported fine into Liquid.

What version of Liquid and After Effects are you using? I know the codecs have been updated at some point. I did notice this problem in the past but again it isn't doing it for me anymore.
I'm using AE 7.0 and Liquid 7.1

This was my workflow:
From Liquid to AE: Uncompressed QT 25p
Composition in AE: 720/576 25p

When I check the QT file that I exported from Liquid, it says upper field. But the footage is progressive. Can that be the reason why it's messing up? I mean, I choose progressive/non-interlaced when I export from Liquid, but it still comes up as upper-field.

Also, when exporting from AE into mpeg2 and QT, the footage comes out correct, but when I export 2vuy the scewed image comes up...
Nima Taheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2007, 03:02 AM   #19
New Boot

Very good.

Very Impressive.

Can I add you as a friend to my MySpace page?
Robert Thomas Baumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 01:39 AM   #20
Regular Crew

I liked it alot Nima, very professional. Im going to shoot a short film using green screen in about two weeks, this was helpful!

Did you use any plug-ins for the keying? Why didnt you shoot in HDV, just bc of 50p? What did you use for CC and the colour and light effets in the background?

Keep up the good work!
Soroush Shahrokni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 02:46 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soroush Shahrokni View Post
Did you use any plug-ins for the keying? Why didnt you shoot in HDV, just bc of 50p? What did you use for CC and the colour and light effets in the background?

Keep up the good work!
Soroush agha!

Thank you for the feedback. Appreciate it.

Yes, I shot it SD (still HDV though) because of 50p. I knew I would go slow on some of the dancing. For the keying I used Key Light in AfterEffects. I tried some other plugins, but this one worked the best for me. For CC I used Levels, Contrast, Noise, mostly the "regular" adjustment effects.

As for the light effects and the moving frames, I used (animated) the Camera and Light properties in the "3D" environment in AfterEffects. Also used some Lense Blur for the out of focus shots.

On your short, make sure you don't go underexposed on the talent...
Nima Taheri is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems