DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   TV commercial shot with HD100E + LetusHD100 adapter (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/87543-tv-commercial-shot-hd100e-letushd100-adapter.html)

Miltos Pilalitos February 25th, 2007 10:23 PM

TV commercial shot with HD100E + LetusHD100 adapter

Here's a TVC i directed last month using the Letus HD100. When i find some time later i will post my opinion about using the adapter.

The TVC is 38'' in the WMV format (PAL resolution). It aired with a different soundtrack so you might say this is the director's version. :-)

Have a look if you want:

http://www.box.net/public/static/iat9e0lrj6.wmv

Eric Darling February 25th, 2007 11:01 PM

That's a fantastic spot, Miltos! Congrats.

Alan Larsen February 25th, 2007 11:27 PM

wow....thoroughly impressed. Would you mind giving some detail on the entire production such as budget, lenses, camera rig, etc.? Thanks so much. I'm looking to get one of these 35mm adapters but not sure which brand to go with...your spot makes me want to rethink my options :)

Jamon Lewis February 26th, 2007 12:45 AM

You rocked it!

Phil Bloom February 26th, 2007 01:37 AM

It looked great.

I would be very interested to hear of your Letus experience. As it is the only cheap relay based adaptor it certainly has that edge. I just found the light loss, lens mount and grain to be too much of an issue.

Jemore Santos February 26th, 2007 01:49 AM

the guys at work (panavision australia) call this the baby genesis, it has a similiar body design and also uses the same tape magazine and codec HDCAM-SR

Brian Luce February 26th, 2007 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jemore Santos
the guys at work (panavision australia) call this the baby genesis, it has a similiar body design and also uses the same tape magazine and codec HDCAM-SR

that's what they call the hd100?

Marc Jayson February 26th, 2007 05:30 AM

Wow!!!!! this looks like it has been shot on 16 or 35mm!!

Ruben Vandepitte February 26th, 2007 08:50 AM

Great image and editing. Any chance of posting the settings/scene file?

Miltos Pilalitos February 26th, 2007 11:38 AM

Hey guys!

I am glad you liked it!

The scene file was Paolo's True color 3. Since last summer the camera is locked with those settings and 90% of the times i don't have to alter it.

I have more to say about the camera set up but i have to run now...

Soon i will have some free time and will post about it!

Drew Curran February 26th, 2007 02:37 PM

This is excellent. Quality work like this makes me reaffirm my confidence in the HD100

Thanks for posting it.

Andrew

Hayes Roberts February 26th, 2007 05:34 PM

Now we're talking! Looking forward to hearing about your experience with the Letus. Which lenses did you use and how was it working with the 1.9 magnification? Great job!

Sean Adair February 28th, 2007 11:14 AM

awesome

Thank you for posting this. It really looks tremendous, and I will be very happy to read anymore information you have the time to post on further details. The swish pans are so cool! Were these doctored? The move between the 2 boxers looked like it might be a pickup shot matched in there - but in any case it was awesome.
Hope the guys having trouble panning their cameras got a chance to look at this. It's 25p, and I assume 1/50 shutter right?
In any case - great lighting, set, shooting, editing.....

Farishad Latjuba February 28th, 2007 11:55 AM

Hi Miltos...
do you use JVC's camera own viewfinder to track the focus in your frame or put another LCD monitor to assist you?

Alan Ortiz February 28th, 2007 12:53 PM

This was amazing. I wish I saw this weeks ago before I started to go on an HVX craze thinking I could get much better images out of the HVX. I dont see as much great stuff coming out of the HD100 camp as I do the HVX. A friend of mine is hell bent on getting rid of his DVX (he does mostly narrative work) and I keep trying to tell him and myself that its more than just the camera- its great direction, acting, scripting, editing, lighting, audio, etc and basically the overall mise-en-scene in a short that create something truly great. Thanks for posting it.

-Alán