Using Firestore with JVC HD-100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 27th, 2007, 07:34 PM   #1
Major Player

Using Firestore with JVC HD-100

Just curious, but for those of you who use a firestore with your camera, how do you mount the firestore on your camera?

I am using the IDX kit and have a side mount for a wireless mic reciever that I have the firestore attached to right now, but this makes the camera very side heavy.
Adam Grunseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 07:43 PM   #2
Major Player

We use the ABFSKIT-2 from Anton Bauer.
Justin Ferar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 08:52 PM   #3
Major Player

I just used black velcro on the back of the IDX battery since the firestore already has some on the back of the battery cover. This has never given me problems, and I always have to forcefully peel off the firestore from the IDX batt. Keep in mind you need to let the glue settle on the battery if you do it this way. Works great to balance out the weight too.

Alan
Alan Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 10:14 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ortiz View Post
I just used black velcro on the back of the IDX battery since the firestore already has some on the back of the battery cover. This has never given me problems, and I always have to forcefully peel off the firestore from the IDX batt. Keep in mind you need to let the glue settle on the battery if you do it this way. Works great to balance out the weight too.

Alan
I actually thought about using velcro like that, but the firestore feels kind of heavy to me and velcro didn't seem like it would be too terribly secure.
Adam Grunseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 10:31 PM   #5
Wrangler

I'm not sure what the model # of the connecting kit is, but I'm sure you can purchase it through your JVC dealer.
I've attached a photo of what it looks like. This is the closest shot I have. Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
Using Firestore with JVC HD-100-idx_dr-hd100.jpg  
Old February 28th, 2007, 10:33 PM   #6
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood View Post
I'm not sure what the model # of the connecting kit is, but I'm sure you can purchase it through your JVC dealer.
I've attached a photo of what it looks like. This is the closest shot I have. Sorry.
Here is the link to the JVC Pro accessory page: http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/a...&itempath=null

There are two mounting kits - one for IDX users and one for A.B. users:

HWR-HD100KIT - IDX HDD BRACKET (DR-HD100 / GY-HD100/110U) $190.00

AB-FSKIT1 - ANTON-BAUER BRACKET (DR-HD100U / GY-HD100/110U) w/POWERTAP $103.00
Old March 1st, 2007, 04:39 AM   #7
Major Player

I also use velcro on the IDX and the DR-HD100 w/ no problem at all. Spend the $190 on food and alcohol.
Old March 1st, 2007, 03:11 PM   #8
Major Player

I really don't want to spend almost $200 simply to mount the firestore, but at the same time I'm not sure I'm comfortable with putting so much trust in velcro. Also, I'm not thrilled about having to peel the firestore off of the battery and stick it on to another one everytime I change batteries.

After thinking about it long and hard, i think I came up with a solution though. It will be a nice little DIY project this weekend, hopefully it will work as well as I'm imagining it. I'll post pictures once its done.
Adam Grunseth is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems