DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   JVC service question.... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/87811-jvc-service-question.html)

Dennis Stevens February 28th, 2007 06:30 PM

JVC service question....

I don't mean to be inappropriate here, but I was trying to leave a message for JVC service, and I'm having trouble even getting to voicemail.

I called the 1-800-582-5825 number.

Got a list of options, including enter '3' for service.

I hit 3.

I got a recording saying enter 1 to locate a reseller and 2 for the address of the nearest service center. Hmm. I got that in the previous menu. Obviously I don't want the nearest reseller or service center.

I tried various things to just try and get to an operator or just voicemail. I waited without entering anything. I hit 0. I'll wait for someone to call me back, that's fine.

But that never happens. I'm stuck in an endless loop of menu options, none of which take me where I'm going.

Can Carl or someone spell it out for me? I'm not the brightest bulb, I know, but I take instruction well....

Carl Hicks February 28th, 2007 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Stevens (Post 633702)
I don't mean to be inappropriate here, but I was trying to leave a message for JVC service, and I'm having trouble even getting to voicemail.

I called the 1-800-582-5825 number.

Got a list of options, including enter '3' for service.

I hit 3.

I got a recording saying enter 1 to locate a reseller and 2 for the address of the nearest service center. Hmm. I got that in the previous menu. Obviously I don't want the nearest reseller or service center.

I tried various things to just try and get to an operator or just voicemail. I waited without entering anything. I hit 0. I'll wait for someone to call me back, that's fine.

But that never happens. I'm stuck in an endless loop of menu options, none of which take me where I'm going.

Can Carl or someone spell it out for me? I'm not the brightest bulb, I know, but I take instruction well....

Hi Dennis,

Leaving a message isn't always the best thing. The best results are to call during their working hours - 9 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time - and hit option 7. This should take you to a live person. Hitting 0 won't help.

I don't know what your question is, but perhaps our service website can help: www.jvcservice.com

If you continue to have any trouble, please contact your sales rep. Instructions on how to do this are in the sticky at the top of the forum.

Dennis Stevens March 1st, 2007 07:07 AM

Thank you sir!

Jason Nolte March 2nd, 2007 11:09 AM

If you do have to send your camera in for service, I cannot recommend the Illinois center more - the California center I have found to be incredibly slow, unresponsive and apathetic.

Good luck!