s20x6.4brm-sd lens on an hd100? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 2nd, 2007, 11:01 PM   #1
New Boot

s20x6.4brm-sd lens on an hd100?

Can I use a Fujinon s20x6.4brm-sd lens (currently residing on a DV500) on the JVC HD100, and if so, can anybody say what is the quality of the resulting image?
Mark Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2007, 12:22 AM   #2
Major Player

The lens will have been designed for a sensor having a much lower pixel density than the HD100, so it will probably be lacking in sharpness. Your wide end will also not be very wide at all.
Stephan Ahonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2007, 12:44 AM   #3
2nd Unit TV

If I'm not mistaken, that's the lens we used shooting with the JVCs last years CMSA series. So to the clarity, no, threy're not true HD quality which isn't such a bad thing depending on the shootr's experience and the subject matter. And the DOF was great on them. It really all depends on what you're shooting and the distance. We were shooting deep, fast-moving sports figures and they were exemplary but up close in the CC booth was where the HD fell apart.. Hope this helps.
Jonathan Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2007, 07:40 AM   #4
Major Player

The DV500 is a 1/2" chip camera (I have one), the pro-hd series is 1/3". I wouldn't expect it to fit without an adapter (the JVC adapter), and in any case, there will certainly be an adjustment of focal length towards telephoto.
You will just be using the center of the lens, which helps somewhat, and you'll definitely have the option of a very long lens. If that is an essential shot, it's probably worth it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems