Battery Promotion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 7th, 2007, 09:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Battery Promotion

Ok, I am thinking about getting a 110 and remembered that the battery promotion only lasts until the end of the month. So two questions...is there any chance that the promotion would be extended, or a new promotion might happen?

Next question...I know the stock battery doesn't last jack, but how long does one of these IDX last on the 110? I know that on a DVCAM, that they last quite a long time...

Also, it seems like I am seeing different terms on the promtion... Do you have to buy the IDX system when you buy the camera, or do you fill in the PDF, send it in, and then receive it from JVC?

Thanks,

Matthew Rogers
http://www.macvilleproductions.com

Last edited by Matthew Rogers; March 7th, 2007 at 10:01 AM. Reason: forgot!
Matthew Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2007, 12:47 PM   #2
Inner Circle

the only thing I can answer is the length of time the battery will last and thats simply taking the wattage of the camera which is 17W into the wattage of the battery which is 71W so you get a touch over 4 hours if you run the battery dry-not recommended-AND if you're not using another accessory such as a light being powered by the camera battery using the power tap. I think if you figured 4 hours or just a bit under you'll be safe.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2007, 01:41 PM   #3
Major Player

The dealer should send the battery system with the camera. That's how the promo works. Some delaers don't have the batteries in stock, so they will send it to you seperate, but regardless, you don't have to fill out anything to get the batteries. If they make you pay for batteries or make you fill something out, they're probably screwing you.
Kit Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2007, 02:51 PM   #4
Major Player

After the fiasco I went through trying to get my IDX battery kit, I was told part of the problem is they switched to a new system where the user claims the battery- not the dealer. I guess there were too many problems with having the dealer hand it all- but now on the JVC website there is a claim form to download that you have to sent it with a copy of your invoice to get your battery system.
Adam Grunseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2007, 03:23 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Grunseth View Post
After the fiasco I went through trying to get my IDX battery kit, I was told part of the problem is they switched to a new system where the user claims the battery- not the dealer. I guess there were too many problems with having the dealer hand it all- but now on the JVC website there is a claim form to download that you have to sent it with a copy of your invoice to get your battery system.
See, that's what I was thinking--that you just send in the paperwork and they send you the system. That's not as nice as having it sent with your camera, but then again it's better than having to pay full price for the battery system and it being a rebate.

Thanks,

Matthew
Matthew Rogers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems