Sony Vegas 7.0B and HD100u 24p at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 8th, 2007, 12:16 PM   #1
New Boot

Sony Vegas 7.0B and HD100u 24p

Hi buddies, i'm renting a HD100 in 2 weeks and I need to edit a short film in 1 week. My doubt is if can Vegas 7.0b handle editing 1280x720 24p with no problems. Some friends told me that FCutPro has some issues doing it and time is something i just can't waste on this project.

Is there any plugin or something like that is needed, if so please let me know now, it's the biggest small project i've ever been in hehehe

Thank you very much, Luiz Murillo
Luiz Murillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2007, 12:38 PM   #2
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiz Murillo View Post
Hi buddies, i'm renting a HD100 in 2 weeks and I need to edit a short film in 1 week. My doubt is if can Vegas 7.0b handle editing 1280x720 24p with no problems. Some friends told me that FCutPro has some issues doing it and time is something i just can't waste on this project.

Is there any plugin or something like that is needed, if so please let me know now, it's the biggest small project i've ever been in hehehe

Thank you very much, Luiz Murillo
I use Vegas to edit 24p HD100 footage every day. 7.0b would probably work fine as-is, but the "d" update is free on Sony's site, so you might as well update Vegas before you get started.
Josh Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2007, 12:41 PM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Meredith View Post
I use Vegas to edit 24p HD100 footage every day. 7.0b would probably work fine as-is, but the "d" update is free on Sony's site, so you might as well update Vegas before you get started.
I didn't see the 24p HDV option in the "b" version. It is definately there in the "d" version however...

Good luck!

john
evilgeniusentertainment.com
John Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2007, 03:16 PM   #4
New Boot

Thank you very much Josh and John, I'll use the 7D (seems like a Canon camera model, huh? hehehe)
Luiz Murillo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems