Anton Bauer on JVC HD111E at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 14th, 2007, 02:50 PM   #1
New Boot

Anton Bauer on JVC HD111E

Hi, everybody
I need help.
I had JVC HD101E for more than one year with Anton Bauer batteries and everything worked fine. I sold the camera keeping the AB batteries and bought a new JVC HD111E (got it yesterday). Inserted adapter, attached fully charged battery and nothing happened. Checked the camera from AC and small JVC battery – everything worked normal.
Have anybody got an idea what it could be? Did anybody experience the similar problem?
Thank you.
Nicholas Sherman, ACS
Nicholas Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 02:56 PM   #2

have you put a voltmeter across the battery adapter connections to the camera? There's a fuse within the mount plate that blows, sometimes.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2007, 06:07 PM   #3
Trustee

I had the same problem and the problem was that the AB adapter plate was not making good contact.

In my case, the adapter plate had a chip broken off on the part that hold the plate to the back of the camera.

You might make sure the plate is installed exactly correctly and the contacts are clean.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 04:45 PM   #4
New Boot

Thanks

Thank you guys for fast response.

As I founded out there are modifications in battery part in JVC HD111E. So, old mount plate won't work on HD111E (different size of contacts). Anton Bauer is aware of it and I have to get today a different version of the mount plate and see what will happen. To my biggest surprise JVC representative in Australia did not know about it. I learned about this problem from Anton Bauer people in Sydney who seems to be more knowledgeable.

I will keep you posted.

Nicholas Sherman, ACS

www.nsherman.info
Old March 15th, 2007, 06:20 PM   #5
New Boot

re Anton Bauer Mount Plate

Attention to everybody who has JVC HD101E with Anton Bauer Mount Plate.

In case you want to use this plate on new JVC111E this one won't work. You should upgrade to modified version of the plate.
I just received a new plate from Anton Bauer (Sydney) and it works perfectly.
New plate is absolutely the same except much bigger contact plates size.

Thanks to everybody who tried to help me.

Kindest regards from Down Under

Nicholas Sherman, ACS

www.nsherman.info
Old March 16th, 2007, 05:34 AM   #6
Major Player

Nicholas,

You didn't hear anything about the IDX plate did you? Mine seems to work fine on both the HD101 and the HD111.
Mike Marriage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 02:43 PM   #7
New Boot

IDX versus Anton Bauer

Mike,
It is a matter of personal choice.
Having experience in using both Anton Bauer and IDX systems, I found Anton Bauer more suitable to my needs and requirements. Also Anton Bauer has excellent service in Australia and price is very compatible.
Cheers,

Nicholas Sherman, ACS

www.nsherman.info
Nicholas Sherman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems