DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   HD100 install software/drivers? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/88944-hd100-install-software-drivers.html)

Dylan Couper March 14th, 2007 06:59 PM

HD100 install software/drivers?

Hey guys, I just purchased an HD100 used, not sure if it came with software in the box, but I didn't get any. When I plug it in (yes I read the firewire warning at the top ;) Windows prompts me for software for it, and won't recognize it without. With previous cameras, I've always just been able to plug 'n play.

I can't find any software on JVC's site, any suggestions as to what I should install this as and where I can get software for it?

Spencer Snygg March 14th, 2007 07:20 PM

Mine never asked for software.

Adam Grunseth March 14th, 2007 07:25 PM

Are you trying to capture regular DV or HDV video? If your firewire switch is flipped to DV your computer should see it just like any other OHCI compliant DV camcorder.

Things are different with HDV though, you need to have some software on your computer that supports HDV capture.

Dylan Couper March 14th, 2007 07:35 PM

Hey Adam, I'm wokring in HDV.
You mean that I don't need any camera drivers, but my problem is that I need to use a specific capture program to control the camera to transfer the footage over? I'm using Sony Vegas, and it didn't recognize the camera. I've been using an HVX200 for the last year, so HDV quirks are still a little new to me. :)

I just assumed since the version of Vegas I have could control a DV camera, it could control an HDV camera the same way. Am I wrong?

Thanks!

Mabuti Ngandu March 15th, 2007 12:46 PM

HD100 install software/drivers?

Lookup Cineform's Aspect HD. I'm sure its compatible with Vegas.

Ted Ramasola March 15th, 2007 01:14 PM

Dylan,
Adam is correct. you would need software that recognize HDV. The camera doesnt come with software.
With edius and premier pro you can capture hdv throgh firewire.
I suggest cineform aspect hd. Its better at capturing.
With vegas, you need cineform.

Ted

Ben Lynn March 15th, 2007 03:02 PM

Congradulations Dylan on the camera purchase.

Vegas will capture and recognize the 100 without the Cineform. I'm using Vegas 6 (upgrading next month) but it captures fine in 6. One thing you need to check is to make sure that your using the vegas internal capture utility. The normal window that pops up to capture dv footage won't capture hdv.

I suggest opening the help menu and in the contents do a search under the heading "HDV". It will list items like capturing, editing, etc. Under the capturing section it tells you how to turn off the external capture program and capture using the internal program.

For the 100 you won't need any drivers, just a capture program, which you already have.

Hope that helps. If it doesn't just post again, I went through the same search when I bought my used 100 last month only to find that everything I needed was there I just had to set things up properly.

Ben

Dylan Couper March 16th, 2007 09:53 AM

Thanks Ben, that helps a lot. I was pretty sure Vegas could handle HDV natively. It captures SD from the HD100 fine, I'll go through the settings and see if I'm missing anything.

And thanks on the congrats of the camera purchase, I like it so far!

Jad Meouchy March 16th, 2007 04:31 PM

I have the same problem.

I plug in the camera and it recognizes it as AV/C Subunit device, but doesn't have a driver for it. When I manually 'suggest' JVC -> DV Camcorder or JVC -> DV Tape Player/Recorder, it seems happy and Premiere can control it, HOWEVER premiere cannot record from it.

I installed an old Cineform trial I had - 4.0 I think - and it doesn't recognize the cam as a capture device either.

Any hints? I've read through all 5 threads about this and never saw a resolution other than 'Buy Cineform'. I don't really have the budget for this, so I'd like an intermediate solution. But at the very least I'd like Windows to have the proper driver, if anyone knows what that is.

Windows x64 nLite'd w/ Premiere Pro 2.0
JVC HD100A, HDV30p

Werner Wesp March 16th, 2007 05:56 PM

It should plug and play. If not, a windows update, perhaps? (vegas does indeed processes HDV natively if you want - but that has nothing to do with Plug-n-play)

Plug-n-play should work - regardless...

Let windows find the drivers online itself...?

Jad Meouchy March 16th, 2007 09:05 PM

Well I fired up my 32-bit machine w/ exactly the same software (and hardware) installed, and found the problem: I have one of those sound blaster control boxes that replicates 1394 and USB on the front of my computer. When I plug into that, problems. When I plug into the firewire card that thing uses, it is recognized as Microsoft AV/C Tape Subunit Device (JVC #1) by CAPDVHS. So problem solved by checking cable basically...

720p is sharp!

Uli Mors March 17th, 2007 12:01 AM

Hi ,

on my win xp I encountered the same:
this was due to missing service pack in Windows XP!

Win looks for a driver called "Msdv.inf" and "msdv.PNF".

Not having the service packs installed (or internet connection to do so) you can rename the files:

Look for (C:\Windows\Inf)
(hidden files/directory!, make them accessable first)

look for
"Msdv.inf.f1" -> rename -> "Msdv.inf"
and
"msdv.PNF.1" -> rename -> "msdv.PNF"

If still doesnt work look for AV/C Subunit (System, Hardware) and manually route path to the folder Windows/inf

This is for WIn XP - dont know if its similar to other Windows Versions.

ULI