Segmented FCP capture problem resolved for me (i think) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old March 16th, 2007, 12:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Segmented FCP capture problem resolved for me (i think)

Hi all,

I was one of the many who would capture a 20 minute clip and end up with 5 seperate files. It was a huge annoyance to say the least.

Now, I hope this doesnt sound like an obvious solution to some, but i actually crashed my imac from trying to render large HDV timelines and was forced to get a new Power PC, 2x2x2ghz processors, 5 gigs of ram, terrabyte storage - the works. (the sacrifices we make...)

Now I have begun to recapture stuff as a test and it's not coming up with the breaks, except when i start and stop tape, which isn't nearly the problem of mid capture breaks was.

Just wanted to share this with you all, since i'm sure some of you still have the problem i did. I think it's a ram issue, my old imac only had a gig of ram. I realized after the fact it had to be a problem since the capture was always lagging behind the source!

Jon
Jon Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 10:18 PM   #2
Major Player

I have the HD110U, and as a Wedding Shooter, I hate when during import it breaks it up into a million clips. This is a Huge hassle on my part come edit time.

I dont know if you got lucky, but when I shoot HDV, that is the only way that it imports, unless I use iMovie to import, then I can force it to import as one clip, but then the Audio is 1:21:30 behind the video. Every time. It is almost easier for me to match the A-V than edit with 500 clips in the bin.

I am running a 24 inch iMac, loaded with the max memory, 512 video and maxed procs, and never had issues rendering, even RT, or full, or even working with HDV clips in Motion, never an issue.

I still have importing issues that drive me nuts, I hate the broken up files. I hate it enough to Buy a Sony camera where HDV and importing dont give problems.
Jim Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2007, 12:21 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Jim, I am having that audio lag problem behind my video with my work around. How did you fix it?
Sharon Pieczenik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems