DR-100 100GB Just Released for HD100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old April 8th, 2007, 07:36 PM   #1
Major Player

DR-100 100GB Just Released for HD100

Hey did anyone see the latest version of Dr-100, and if so, are there any potential problems? It states that "Special Note: Footage shot with the JVC HD200 or HD250 cameras with this recorder will not work with QuickTime applications." *

Are we still transferring to QuickTime files, or does it even matter when you got to FCP. I am getting a DR-100 coming up, but I was getting the 80GB. I guess they changed it now. Not sure if the NEW DR-100 (100GB) fully supports 60P yet and/or going straight to FCP 5.1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Duke

* sponsor link: http://zgc.com/zgc.nsf/c7a682995edb4...5?OpenDocument
Old April 8th, 2007, 07:48 PM   #2
Wrangler

Hey Duke,

The 100GB works well with the HD200 and HD250 in 720P24 quicktime mode (I haven't personally tested 25P or 30P, but I assume they work just fine too.)
720P60 and 720P50 are not available as instant quicktime in the current firmware.
The LCD screen has much more contrast for reading in the daylight and now flashes RED to indicate pause, or goes solid red to indicate record.
The disclaimer on that site probably only refers to the 60P and 50P modes and quicktime. Focus won't be able to support those modes as quicktime until after Apple FCP does. No one knows when that will happen.

However, you can record any frame rate in m2t mode. It works fine. That's how I did those Sundance tests. HD200 at 720P60 straight into a DR-HD100 as m2t.
Old April 8th, 2007, 08:56 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood View Post
Hey Duke,
The LCD screen has much more contrast for reading in the daylight and now flashes RED to indicate pause, or goes solid red to indicate record.
The disclaimer on that site probably only refers to the 60P and 50P modes and quicktime.
Thanks Tim,

Are you still available for what we discussed, and how are the files coming out I sent?
Old April 10th, 2007, 09:08 PM   #4
Regular Crew

With the release of the 100Gig will there be a price drop in the 80 or 40GiG???
Hayk Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 10:00 PM   #5
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayk Paul View Post
With the release of the 100Gig will there be a price drop in the 80 or 40GiG???

No. The 60 GB replaced the 40 GB, at the same price. The 100 GB replaced the 80 GB, at the same price.
Old April 11th, 2007, 01:21 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Waiting for the DR-100 since over a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Hicks View Post
No. The 60 GB replaced the 40 GB, at the same price. The 100 GB replaced the 80 GB, at the same price.
Hi Carl
I ordered the DR-100 together with other items on march, 6th, at b&h NY - and I'm still waiting for it, although I already paid for it... Do you know some reason why (b&h has to order it at the manufacturer...)?
Thank you
Edwin Beeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 07:50 AM   #7
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Beeler View Post
Hi Carl
I ordered the DR-100 together with other items on march, 6th, at b&h NY - and I'm still waiting for it, although I already paid for it... Do you know some reason why (b&h has to order it at the manufacturer...)?
Thank you
Hi Edwin,

With the high demand, there has been some back-order situations with these units. You should contact B&H for an update.
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:24 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I have 3 Hd100's and was considering the DR-hd100 units for them a while ago. I was told that their were some stability issues with them with maybe FCP. Have these issues been dealt with?

Brian
Brian Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 01:05 PM   #9
JVC America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Chow View Post
I have 3 Hd100's and was considering the DR-hd100 units for them a while ago. I was told that their were some stability issues with them with maybe FCP. Have these issues been dealt with?

Brian

Hi Brian,

The units are very stable. For a short while, there was an issue with the new 200 series cameras not being able to use the DRHD100's in the . mov mode. But, that's been resolved now with the new firmware that was release by Focus last month.

You can't yet record on the DRHD100 in .mov mode in 60p, because FCP does not yet support it.
Old April 11th, 2007, 04:50 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Beeler View Post
Hi Carl
Thank you
Edwin,

If possible, can you cancel your order with B&H? The reason is that ZGC is awesome to deal with, and I'm quite sure that Christine would work with you on price. It doesn't hurt to check it out, and they don't charge you until it arrives.
Carl Martin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems