DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   New JVC Pro Website (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/91306-new-jvc-pro-website.html)

Carl Hicks April 11th, 2007 08:28 PM

New JVC Pro Website

Hi,

The JVC Pro website for the US has a fresh, new look. Check it out:

www.jvc.com/pro

Eric Darling April 11th, 2007 10:05 PM

Hi Carl,

That's a nice look... Is the service request form found here:
http://pro.jvc.com/prof/support/index.jsp
The right one to use for fixes to an HD100 camera?

Carl Hicks April 11th, 2007 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Darling (Post 658692)
Hi Carl,

That's a nice look... Is the service request form found here:
http://pro.jvc.com/prof/support/index.jsp
The right one to use for fixes to an HD100 camera?

Yes, this is the form to use for any JVC Pro Repair.

Kalsang Ringchen April 11th, 2007 11:11 PM

I wish JVC customer service were like the Website

The website looks cool. I only wish the people at JVC had been more responsible. I bought JVC HD110 on 21 March. I sent my invoice through UPS. I realised that I had not sent the barcode. So I sent the barcode and invoice through USPS. I called the rebate section at extension 5335 several times only to be told that I could leave a message. I left message. No reply for a few days. Then one fine day, someone from JVC called me and said they had received my first mail but I needed to send the barcode or send a JPEG image by email. I did that too. No reply for a few days. I sent another email asking them if they got my email with the barcode JPEG file so that I could resend it. No reply as of now. I have to go to India for a shoot and I can't rely on the JVC HD110 stock battery. I must have the IDX battery before I leave. My apprehension is that the IDX battery will reach here after I leave from here. If JVC had to give rebates why couldn't we pick up from the dealer directly? Why do we have to wait so long? Why extra formalities?

Carl Hicks April 12th, 2007 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalsang Ringchen (Post 658715)
The website looks cool. I only wish the people at JVC had been more responsible. I bought JVC HD110 on 21 March. I sent my invoice through UPS. I realised that I had not sent the barcode. So I sent the barcode and invoice through USPS. I called the rebate section at extension 5335 several times only to be told that I could leave a message. I left message. No reply for a few days. Then one fine day, someone from JVC called me and said they had received my first mail but I needed to send the barcode or send a JPEG image by email. I did that too. No reply for a few days. I sent another email asking them if they got my email with the barcode JPEG file so that I could resend it. No reply as of now. I have to go to India for a shoot and I can't rely on the JVC HD110 stock battery. I must have the IDX battery before I leave. My apprehension is that the IDX battery will reach here after I leave from here. If JVC had to give rebates why couldn't we pick up from the dealer directly? Why do we have to wait so long? Why extra formalities?

Hi Kalsang,

Your issue really has nothing to do with this thread regarding the website, and probably should be a separate post.

Have you asked your dealer and JVC rep. to get involved to follow up on your claim? They are available to help. Call your rep - this is usually better than sending an e-mail to a general mail box. If you do not know who that is, please refer to the sticky at the top of this forum. It generally takes 4 to 6 weeks to process claims for free goods.

Kalsang Ringchen April 12th, 2007 10:01 PM

I sent the email to specific person

I did not send the email to a general mailbox. I sent it to a specific person at that section handling this case. She gave me the email herself. Anyways, I will wait. I am in a hurry only because I have a project outside US coming up soon.

Carl Hicks April 13th, 2007 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalsang Ringchen (Post 659283)
I did not send the email to a general mailbox. I sent it to a specific person at that section handling this case. She gave me the email herself. Anyways, I will wait. I am in a hurry only because I have a project outside US coming up soon.

OK, but be sure that your JVC District rep is also involved.

Kalsang Ringchen April 13th, 2007 07:29 PM

Jvc Rep

How do I contact the JVC district rep? I tried to look for it on the JVC website but could not find it, please provide a link.

Bryan Shelley April 13th, 2007 07:39 PM

Kalsang,

There is a sticky at the top of the main page of this forum on how to find your service rep. It's called: JVC Tech Support for U.S. & How to contact your local JVC rep

Kalsang Ringchen April 16th, 2007 04:37 PM

Hurrah, I got it.

I received my IDX battery from JVC today. It was pretty fast. Thank you JVC. How do I delete the message I posted here? I don't want to annoy JVC. I should have been patient. Hurrah.