DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Any of the JVC HD--- brotherhood going to NAB? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/91439-any-jvc-hd-brotherhood-going-nab.html)

Eric Gulbransen April 13th, 2007 01:26 PM

Any of the JVC HD--- brotherhood going to NAB?

I for one am done with this damned screen for at least one weekend. Any chance I'll get to thank any of you in person this weekend?

Joe Bowey April 13th, 2007 02:53 PM

I'll be there.

Tim Dashwood April 13th, 2007 02:54 PM

If you visit the JVC booth at noon on Monday, Wednesday or Thursday you'll be able to catch my presentation of trailers from some films I've shot in the last year. I can't post this stuff on dvinfo yet due to various contracts and copyright restrictions, but trade shows are OK.

I'll also be presenting a small "how-to" at the FCP UG Supermeet at the Venetian on Wednesday night. My short presentation will demonstrate the procedure involved in shooting a music video in slow-motion and maintaining perfect sync.

Eric Gulbransen April 13th, 2007 03:09 PM

I'll catch you Monday, Tim. Looking forward to it.

Bryan Shelley April 13th, 2007 03:48 PM

I'll be going. Tim I'm looking forward to meeting you, seeing your work, and thanking you for the help you've given here.

I have a question for those that know NAB better than I. I've registered for the Post Production conference three day package (mon,tues,wed), because I wanted to go to some of the various courses like "Maximize Your Affordable HD Cameras", and others. My problem is I can't figure out if or how I need to sign up for those track sessions individualy or if I can just go to whatever I want. The Nab site (unlike this one), doesn't flow with helpful info. I'm kinda wondering if I just plopped down good cash for sessions that won't help me?

Any insight would be great.

P.S. in a thread a few weeks ago I offered to buy Beers for people I met from this site and I will stick to it if I meet you there.

Steve Oakley April 13th, 2007 05:47 PM

I'll be there. you can find me Tues 4pm at the borisfx booth doing a product demo... and maybe wed if they ask

Tim Dashwood April 18th, 2007 04:29 PM

I have one more presentation in the JVC booth Thursday at 2PM. If you want to see some of the trailers from films I've shot, but cannot post online, please come on by.
I'll also have a few music videos I shot with the HZ-CA13U PL adapter.

Guy Barwood April 18th, 2007 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Shelley (Post 659748)
...because I wanted to go to some of the various courses like "Maximize Your Affordable HD Cameras", and others. ...

I had a few friends travel across the pond to NAB last year and attend a few of these types of seminars. They were utterly dissapointed and somewhat shocked that the seminar consisted of stuff like "this is the white balance button", "this button turns on manual exposure", use this button when you have backlight etc

They were all extremely dissapointed.

S. Abdul Jamal April 18th, 2007 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood (Post 662761)
I have one more presentation in the JVC booth Thursday at 2PM. If you want to see some of the trailers from films I've shot, but cannot post online, please come on by.
I'll also have a few music videos I shot with the HZ-CA13U PL adapter.

are you going to post the music video here ?

Tim Dashwood April 19th, 2007 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S. Abdul Jamal (Post 662815)
are you going to post the music video here ?

YES. I will post the music videos from the indie artists. I have permission from the artists themselves.

I have one more JVC booth appearance today at 2PM.

Bob Mueller April 19th, 2007 01:46 PM

Thanks, Tim

Special thanks to Tim Dashwood for the mid-day presentations you made during NAB. Each days' audience seemed to greatly appreciate the insights you provided and I personally found the presentations fascinating and your exhibited work remarkable.

Thanks again!

Bryan Shelley April 21st, 2007 01:02 PM

Guy,

Your friends were right about that session. I've learned more here in an hour of thread reading. I left and went to one on legal issues that was far more informative.
I unfortunately missed Tim' booth presentations, and have been kicking myself since I got back, (that's the price of business). I wanted the chance to say thanks in person for the things I've learned from Tim and others. I did meet Steve at a party on Tuesday and I didn't buy you a beer so I owe you one. I had a great time at the show. I'm just sorry I didn't meet more of you.