HD200 Series Scene File Recipes - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old December 8th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #31
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djee Smit View Post
when I 'save as' I just get a small 8kb .ts file, which I can't play. How can you play this file (on a mac)?

*edit* it works.. thanks, looks great
I'm experiencing the same problem. What was the fix? What is the URL for the pictorial examples of the scene files?
Old December 9th, 2008, 05:20 AM   #32
New Boot

I've got a 40Mb .ts file that opens in Windows Media player. It plays a blank screen with a little bit of audio with someone shouting "Action".

Help!!
Kevin Ahronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 02:55 PM   #33
Major Player

Bueller...Bueller....Bueller???

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Lee Gordon View Post
I'm experiencing the same problem. What was the fix? What is the URL for the pictorial examples of the scene files?
Can somebody help the more challenged such as myself by guiding me through getting this info?
Old December 26th, 2008, 06:06 PM   #34
Trustee

Its on the first post. Theres a PDF file for download
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2008, 09:50 PM   #35
Major Player

Ted, I can receive the PDF without a problem. I want the download with the pictoral examples.
Old February 19th, 2009, 01:52 AM   #36
Regular Crew

Hi, please have patience with my rookie question :) this is the first time i've strayed from the factory settings.. usually i would shoot and white balance with the factory settings and color correct in post...

now that i got an m2 adapter and saw some great footage from people online, i was turned on to the truecolor settings and the ones posted by tim... however, when i apply either truecolor or the superwide settings, i get a ton of light loss... i was testing it out with a 25watt anton bauer camera light as the sole light source about 2 ft away from the subject...

is this because of the adapter?? or am i just doing something wrong?? thanks for any help..
Marc de Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2009, 11:36 AM   #37
Trustee

Marc,

Its the nature of the beast. Especially the M2. Its the one that demands more light. But, apparently this gives good looking bokeh. New adapters like the Me2 and from the others introduce new GG that gives a brighter image at the expense of good looking bokeh.

Its a choice you make. ...for now.

Ted

P.S. just saw its your first post. welcome to DVINFO!
Old February 27th, 2009, 06:21 PM   #38
Regular Crew

Hmmm thanks for the response... I guess it's a matter of really experimenting with scene files in combination with the m2... btw, again, this is my novice-ness of scene file recipe speaking.. but can't you duplicate the colors produced by the scene files in post??? assuming the original footage isn't overblown?? thanks...
Old February 27th, 2009, 10:52 PM   #39
Trustee

The scene files not only set your color but also contrast, detail, black stretch among others.

Having said that, you would want to use one with the most neutral look in conjunction with your workflow. This would give you flexibility in post.
An example why you want a neutral setting is If you use a setting which compresses your blacks you cant recover that in post. Whereas with stretched blacks you can always crush it in post.
For me I use a neutral look with more accurate color settings. I dont find the Effects looks( like sepia, mono, etc) useful because these are the looks that, as you said, you can almost replicate in post.

Ted
Old February 28th, 2009, 04:36 PM   #40
Regular Crew

right, so does the "true color" setting achieve the achieve the neutral colors?? Thanks
Old February 28th, 2009, 10:35 PM   #41
Trustee

Supposedly it does. Paolo's True Color for the HD100 was a great setting giving you rich colors that are spot on. It is ideal when you don't want to do much tweaking in post. Its rich and ideal for vibrant colored commercials for instance. You can however desaturate in post.

The true color setting he made for the HD200, however, gives too much boost to the reds, I suggest that if you tweak it, do it with a color chart as a tweaking in one channel affects its complement as well.

In my tests and actual use its Tim's superwide that gives a neutral and color accurate palette for the HD200. You may just want to assign the stretch and normal black settings to the two user buttons to toggle it on and off to suite your taste. It produces images that is intended to be
graded in post. But it gives you latitude in doing your grading.

The Hd200 and hd100 uses different DSPs so the scene files are not totally interchangeable between them.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 08:08 AM   #42
Regular Crew

(Edited. Didn't see HD100 recipies link)
Juan Todoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #43

Re: HD200 Series Scene File Recipes

Sorry to drag up an old post but can somebody advice me where I can find Tim's scene .scn files?
Lee Mullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #44
Wrangler

Re: HD200 Series Scene File Recipes

I didn't publish scn files because I had a 250 at the time, with pre-release firmware, and the scn files would have caused issues in most HD200 cameras. The pdf in post #1 of this thread is the next best thing.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems