DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   IIDX battery and DR-HD100 bracket (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/93266-iidx-battery-dr-hd100-bracket.html)

Marc Jayson May 5th, 2007 03:52 AM

IIDX battery and DR-HD100 bracket

Hi,

I'm using 2 IDX Endura 7s batteries with my HD-251.
The Endura's don't last that long with the HD251, DR-HD100, and PAG light.

The DR-HD100 is mounted on the back with the new bracket. I'm wondering if a IDX Endura 10 with a 7s will fit between the DR-HD100 bracket and the camera.

My other option is to buy 1 or 2 Endura 7 batteries. So I can slide the 7s battery on the back of a Endura 7.

Anybody else using 2 Endura's athe the same time with a DR-HD100?

Thomas Weilguny May 7th, 2007 06:08 AM

i think the difference is about 3cm, how much room do you have to spare?

a question: how do you power the dr-hd100 from the idx batteries? I´m have the idx mount plate for the hd110 and am thinking about switching to tapeless as well, but I´m not sure how to power the hd.

Daniel Weber May 7th, 2007 08:24 PM

There is a "D" power tap on the IDX mount. This allows you to run what ever you want from the IDX battery. Monitor, light, HD, etc. as long as you can find a D tap cable for your item.

I believe that the JVC bracket for the JVC HD (IDX Kit) comes with the proper cable.

I purchase a battery from Batteries4Broadcast and that battery comes with a D tap right on the battery. In theory I could run the HD and a small on camera monitor at the same time using both D taps.

Dan Weber

Marc Jayson May 8th, 2007 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Weilguny (Post 673968)
i think the difference is about 3cm, how much room do you have to spare?

a question: how do you power the dr-hd100 from the idx batteries? I´m have the idx mount plate for the hd110 and am thinking about switching to tapeless as well, but I´m not sure how to power the hd.

I'm using the D Tap on the IDX mount with splitter for the PAG light and the DR-HD100. I only connect the DR-HD100 when the battery is getting low.

I'm going to measure the space I have left later today.

Marc Jayson May 9th, 2007 06:01 AM

I just tried to fit 2 Endura 7s batteries and that doesn't fit. The gap between the IDX mount and DR-HD100 bracket is about 6cm.

Sean Adair May 9th, 2007 10:24 AM

I also have 2 stackable IDX E7 batts. Also very interested in using the d-tap power since I highly covet a firestore drive. Also like to power my lectro receiver and litepanel, so I'm looking at a splitter. I'd never run 3, since the lectro can easily go to 9 volts.
The E7s is not stackable. at first I hoped that the cheaper batt could "feed" the power link, but it receives from a different place. I guess I could hang a Batteries4Broadcast with a d-tap on back, and just dedicate that to accessory power. This should work, right?
With the JVC/IDX mount priced at $300+, I'm very motivated to find alternate rigging for wireless and firestore. BEC has a bunch of useful modular mounts, and I'm not above bending aluminum or strapping a bag on either....

Marc Jayson May 9th, 2007 01:55 PM

I just got an email from my dealer, he told me I can adjust the bracket so I can fit a E7 and E7s! I'm going to check this as soon I'm back home.