Footage is fluorescent green on playback at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 7th, 2007, 10:48 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Footage is fluorescent green on playback

and i'm devastated... because i only noticed it at the end of a long day's shoot.

All footage lost!

What could have possibly gone wrong? The image was absolutely fine through viewfinder and LCD. but on playback, the footage is so very bright green it's un-usable.

It's not a white balance issue for sure, i've attached a frame grab. I'm completely confused by this and i hope it's not a real bad error.

If anybody can suggest a solution, i'm going to call JVC tomorrow but any help before then would be amazingly appreciated.

Thanks

Neil
Attached Thumbnails
Footage is fluorescent green on playback-greenerror.jpg  
Neil Rostance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 10:58 AM   #2
Major Player

Seems like this has happend before:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...ighlight=green

Unfortunately I have no advice other than contact JVC. Hopefully all is not lost.
Tim Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 11:43 AM   #3
Wrangler

This happened with someone here in Canada and they sent it to JVC for repair.

I didn't hear about the final outcome or what the culprit was.

Has it ever done this before? Is this a new camera? Have you tried playing this tape in another camera or the deck?
Old May 7th, 2007, 11:48 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Tim,

yeah this happened last month only on the first 10 seconds of footage, and I spotted it straight away, turned camera off and on again and it went away. This time it happened with 3 different tapes and they all play the same in different decks also.

I've only had the camera for 5 months but it has had a lot of use in that time, so i guess it's my time for a bit of maintenance, what a shame though this week is a huge shoot.

I'll ring JVC up tomorrow, are they known to give replacements while in service?? Long shot!

The only other option would to re-write the script so that all the characters are green. But i don't think i could get away with that one.

Neil
Neil Rostance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 11:50 AM   #5
Wrangler

Neil,

I would suggest getting that into service immediately. Hopefully your dealer or the JVC UK will be kind enough to give you a loaner while they repair yours.

It's too bad it is already 7PM in the UK. You should call them first thing in the morning.
Old May 7th, 2007, 12:21 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Yep, 7pm and a bank holiday too! Unlucky for me.

Thanks a lot for the advice. I'll get onto JVC as soon as. There's another strange thing about this problem. I shot this morning for 2 hours in HDV25p and the footage is fine.

Then new location, new tape for some 50P shots, and the Green problem occurred. Switched back to my 25p tape to see if it was just 50fps playback that was causing the problem, and the same green happens on 25p.

Very strange indeed, there was a car journey in between both locations and i wonder if it got knocked and damaged.

Hope it doesn't happen to anybody else!

Neil
Neil Rostance is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems