HDVxDV Isn't UB? Then what is? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 15th, 2007, 03:21 AM   #1
New Boot

HDVxDV Isn't UB? Then what is?

I need to capture hd100 footage into an m2t stream or another type of format for my macbook pro. I've recently learned that HDVxDV won't work so what are people using? I don't want to use FCP capture because of that bug that clips off the beginnings and ends of takes.... Can someone throw me a bone?
Frank Bieber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 04:39 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Bieber View Post
I need to capture hd100 footage into an m2t stream or another type of format for my macbook pro. I've recently learned that HDVxDV won't work so what are people using? I don't want to use FCP capture because of that bug that clips off the beginnings and ends of takes.... Can someone throw me a bone?
Hi Frank.

You can capture the .m2t files with DVHSCap and you can do your conversions into Quicktimes with MPEG Streamclip. (If you do a search, there are plenty of posts which give links on where to download these free applications from.) If you are doing 720p24 conversions with MPEG Streamclip, beware of possible repeat frames (even when setting the frame rate to 23.976). Myself and a couple of others have had problems with this, but a lot of others have apparently had uniformly terrific results with 24p conversions using Streamclip. So, test it out for yourself and take it from there. Streamclip works 100% perfectly with all 25p conversions and, as far as I know, it probably does a good job with 30p as well.
David Knaggs is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems