DVA-100Kit IDX NP1 Bracket at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old May 15th, 2007, 09:36 AM   #1
Regular Crew

DVA-100Kit IDX NP1 Bracket

I have a bunch of Lithium Ion NP1s that I would like to keep using with my HD-110. I already have 2 NP1 LI chargers and 6 batteries. I'd hate to have to sell them on e-bay if the brackets works well. Anybody have any experience with this bracket?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...y_Bracket.html

Ed
Ed Dooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 10:43 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I just installed it on my 100; rock solid mount, has the D-Tap (Antone-Bauer type) auxillary power outlet for running a light etc., and comes with a single NP battery box. I ordered through my dealer, who buys direct from JVC.

I also use a dual NP battery box (also IDX), so I can change the batteries without shutting down the camera.

Although the viewfinder will display the actual battery voltage (12-15V), the camera is fed the 7.2V range; the "low voltage" warning is displayed when the batteries get down to around 13.6 V.

Also has a user accessible and replaceable fuse along with a spare.

I am very satisfied.

Gary
Gary Morris McBeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 12:13 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Gary,
The kit seems to come with the single NP-1 box. Are you able to just mount
the double box right to the bracket? I'd rather use the 2 batteries too if possible. And what about balance, does the 2 NP-1 setup balance the camera better?
Thanks again,
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Morris McBeath View Post
I just installed it on my 100; rock solid mount, has the D-Tap (Antone-Bauer type) auxillary power outlet for running a light etc., and comes with a single NP battery box. I ordered through my dealer, who buys direct from JVC.

I also use a dual NP battery box (also IDX), so I can change the batteries without shutting down the camera.

Although the viewfinder will display the actual battery voltage (12-15V), the camera is fed the 7.2V range; the "low voltage" warning is displayed when the batteries get down to around 13.6 V.

Also has a user accessible and replaceable fuse along with a spare.

I am very satisfied.

Gary
Ed Dooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Ed,

Yes, my double box mounts directly on the bracket: it has the same V mount as the bracket and the single box.

As far as balance, I don't do any shoulder work, so I can't comment on that; You will have to slide the camera a bit forward on your tripod head for either the single box or the double box. For that you will probably have to use the JVC tripod plate, or fabricate an extension plate like I did; however, my plate covers the shoulder pad.

There is another recent thread regarding this subject, "Quick Release Shoe/Front Base" or something like that. Should answer your questions.

The second battery, along with the extra weight of the double box adds about 1.25 lbs. My total kit, with the double battery and 17x lens is 11.6 lbs.

Gary
Gary Morris McBeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 01:06 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Based on the current big rig I use, I could carry 2 of yours ata time! :-)
Thanks again,
Ed
Ed Dooley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems