DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   3 shorts, brevis35 with JVC200 and XDCAM HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/96004-3-shorts-brevis35-jvc200-xdcam-hd.html)

Phil Bloom June 7th, 2007 08:52 AM

3 shorts, brevis35 with JVC200 and XDCAM HD

Broadcast on Sky News this week, online at www.philipbloom.net

They are called "LIFE OF CRIME"

Half of them are shot using the JVC coupled with the Brevis, the other half shot clean with the XDCAM HD

You can still see the last one go out all day today on Sky News...the Bruce Reynolds one

Benjamin Eckstein June 7th, 2007 12:51 PM

Your work never ceases to amaze me. Excellent.

The Brits know how to do news stories!!

Phil Bloom June 7th, 2007 02:37 PM

Cheers Benjamin...appreciate it!

Liam Hall June 7th, 2007 05:35 PM

Great work Phil. Great colours, scary bloke though. Who said you can't use these cameras for broadcast?

Liam.

Phil Bloom June 8th, 2007 12:56 AM

Cheers Liam. The JVC is a superb camera...couldn't recommend it enough!

Tomasz Ostrowski June 8th, 2007 01:02 AM

Phil
Very nice work. What settings did you use in the the river shots (35mm shorts 2). Your detail level etc. Do you remember ?
Tom.

Phil Bloom June 8th, 2007 05:36 AM

Can't remember what settings I used for the river short...mostly factory presets i think with a cine setting or two

Tomasz Ostrowski June 8th, 2007 06:30 AM

Thanks for your answer Phil.
And could you write me what detail level you prefer usually?

Phil Bloom June 8th, 2007 10:57 AM

i keep it standard...sharper if using adaptor

Hayes Roberts June 9th, 2007 12:16 PM

Really nice, Phil--As I recall , did not you previously own an HD100? If so, how do you like it compared to the 200? What lenses are you using with the Brevis and what are you using for a relay lens? Cheerio!

Matt Norman June 11th, 2007 09:28 PM

Great story telling Phil through visuals

Hi Phill,

I had to comment because I watched the crime series and loved your story telling technique that was obviously the visual one. Every shot made sense and captured each characters presence. As everyone knows, the first few seconds of anything we watch can have you switch channels quickly. You had my attention from the first frame to the last. Really good job.. well done.

Phil Bloom June 12th, 2007 10:01 AM

Thanks so much Matt. Really appreciate it!

Phil Bloom June 12th, 2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayes Roberts (Post 694540)
Really nice, Phil--As I recall , did not you previously own an HD100? If so, how do you like it compared to the 200? What lenses are you using with the Brevis and what are you using for a relay lens? Cheerio!

Hi Hayes

Never had an hd100...i was sold on the hd200 with the built in IDX battery mount and the image flip for adaptors.

No relay lens as yet. Desperately hoping for one. Using the brevis screwed onto the fujinon lens...all a bit long.

I use Nikons..in these films almost all shots were done on my 35mm f1.4. The two others I mainly use are my f1.4 85mm and my f1.4 50mm

Matt Norman June 12th, 2007 06:05 PM

No problem

Hi Phill, I think it's always good to acknowledge when someone is doing some great work. In fact I didn't know it until I went to your webpage that you were the one who shot that amazing footage on the river bank etc. Absolutely loved that work. It was watching that video that made me want my 251. Great colors, awesome work. Be proud of that stuff. It again shows how you speak a million words with a single picture. In your case, millions of words with moving images. Again my congratulations to you.