DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Upset with JVC Service (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/98740-upset-jvc-service.html)

Heath Vinyard July 11th, 2007 09:27 PM

Upset with JVC Service

Well.
I took my camera in on June 11th for the dead firewire port issue and finally got it back today, July 11th, only to find that my SD Card slot no longer works. What is that about? It's like I traded off one port for another.

I hesitate taking it back to them for them to have it for another month. Anyone have any ideas of what kind of home remedies can be done for this? I tried buying a new SD card, but that didn't work.

Thanks.

Warren Shultz July 11th, 2007 10:25 PM

Did you format the card? You might think it's not working if that's the case.

Heath Vinyard July 12th, 2007 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren Shultz (Post 710693)
Did you format the card? You might think it's not working if that's the case.

Thank you for the reply. I tried to format the card through the camera multiple times, on all 3 SD cards I have, and each time I get the Error "No card." Is this the way you suggest? I'm open to anything right now. :)

Just as a side note, before I took the camera in, I never had an issue with the SD Card port. I wonder if it's a firmware upgrade that was done?

Thank you.

Greg Boston July 12th, 2007 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heath Vinyard (Post 710957)
Thank you for the reply. I tried to format the card through the camera multiple times, on all 3 SD cards I have, and each time I get the Error "No card." Is this the way you suggest? I'm open to anything right now. :)

Just as a side note, before I took the camera in, I never had an issue with the SD Card port. I wonder if it's a firmware upgrade that was done?

Thank you.

Heath, there 'may have' been a cable or connector inadvertently left unplugged during re-assembly. I've been guilty of that a few times in all the years I worked as an equipment maintenance technician.

I would call and calmly advise them of what has happened and ask for expedited repairs since you feel this problem was induced during the original repair process.

-gb-

Brian Ladue July 12th, 2007 07:23 PM

Heath, which camera/model do you have? And how did your FW port get fried? If you don't mind me asking.

Heath Vinyard July 12th, 2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Ladue (Post 711277)
Heath, which camera/model do you have? And how did your FW port get fried? If you don't mind me asking.

I have the HD100u with the A upgrade. The DR-100 firestore stopped working with the camera and at that point, I couldn't even dump footage from tape. That part of the camera is working great now, and I purchased a no power firewire cable, just in case.

Brian Ladue July 13th, 2007 09:53 PM

Thanks Heath, so was it the Firestore that caused the problem or would it have been your computer?

Heath Vinyard July 14th, 2007 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Ladue (Post 711849)
Thanks Heath, so was it the Firestore that caused the problem or would it have been your computer?

Well, I'd have to assume it was the firestore connection that caused it, but it was really me hot swapping the device and not the device itself.