DR-HD100 buzz in audio - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old February 11th, 2009, 04:18 PM   #31
Major Player

This noise is well documented issue with the HD100 unit and quicktime files. Use m2t and Clipwrap. FE should do us a favor and instead upgrading to QT files provide Clipwrap user license instead. This would also avoid splitting files due to FAT 32 disc format.
Robert Rogoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2009, 05:01 AM   #32
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Rogoz View Post
This noise is well documented issue with the HD100 unit and quicktime files. Use m2t and Clipwrap. FE should do us a favor and instead upgrading to QT files provide Clipwrap user license instead. This would also avoid splitting files due to FAT 32 disc format.
This is a typical case of discovering afterwards. It did not search for posts about noise in QT audio before I went shooting with this setting. So I too have a lot of footage with the high pitched whine.

Wouldn't it be helpful if the moderators of this forum put up a sticky to warn about this issue?

Of course, Focus should fix it, but it in the meantime...
Alex Pitstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2009, 11:04 PM   #33
New Boot

possible audio fix?

I noticed this problem too. It seemed to diminish on my camera when I closed the LCD screen while shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Krimstein View Post
I've just completed my first shoot with the firestore JVC DR-100, and have noticed a constant high pitched buzz throughout all the audio. The audio on the tape is clean. The shoot was in an office using Sony lav microphones, no buzz was heard during the shoot through headphones.
Anyone else run into this problem?
Old February 15th, 2009, 05:57 PM   #34
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory Bennett View Post
I noticed this problem too. It seemed to diminish on my camera when I closed the LCD screen while shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Krimstein View Post
I've just completed my first shoot with the firestore JVC DR-100, and have noticed a constant high pitched buzz throughout all the audio. The audio on the tape is clean. The shoot was in an office using Sony lav microphones, no buzz was heard during the shoot through headphones.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Lots of people have this problem. The only way to fix it is to shoot .M2T files instead of quicktime and then use ClipWrap to rewrap the files as quicktime.

Daniel Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #35
New Boot

dr hd100 audio problem

Hi, same problem, audio from tape is clear , audio from quicktime files is buzz and horrible hissssss, audio from M2T files is clear and good, we tested different mic, different lines, recording from a direct output from mixing console and the quicktime files is bad audio, when we decided from dr hd100 the most atractive reason was DIRECT TO EDIT, i think that this is not real than I expected. COnclusion, record in M2T rewrap or recompres from MPEG streamclip or compresor or something like that. I hope that Focus ressolve this issue, I really wish Direct To Edit.
Carlos Ruz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems