Problem Exporting FCP Sequence to HD100U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 22nd, 2007, 12:57 PM   #1
Tourist

Problem Exporting FCP Sequence to HD100U

Hi everyone, I'm having a bit of a problem exporting a sequence via the print-to-video option in FCP to my HD100U. I've had no problems capturing footage and cutting it in FCP so I'm a bit perplexed as to why it won't work as a recording device. When I do the print-to-video option FCP tells me that the device I'm sending the footage to may not be a HDV 720p24 device, but it is. I have the camera set to HDV and have checked the connections properly, I even tried recapturing footage to make sure there wasn't a problem with the IEEE 1394 firewire cable. Nope, it's fine. I click OK on the FCP warning about having an HDV device and when the computer starts sending the images the JVC LCD screen turns blue with no picture and it doesn't record sound or video. I carefully read the manual and followed it’s instructions but no luck. Does anyone know how to get around this problem? Thanks!

John
John Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2007, 05:43 PM   #2
Major Player

Is your camera set to HDV 24p?

I don't think it will work if it's set to 30p since they are different formats.

Also, make sure you are in "VTR" mode, not "Camera"
Scott Jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:29 PM   #3
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Jaco View Post
Is your camera set to HDV 24p?

I don't think it will work if it's set to 30p since they are different formats.

Also, make sure you are in "VTR" mode, not "Camera"
Hi Scott,

Yeah my camera is set to HDV 24p and I had it in VTR mode but when I export a sequence to it only a blue screen comes up with no sound. It's odd because when I immediately switch to log and capture it works fine. I tried different tapes too but no luck.
Old July 25th, 2007, 10:08 AM   #4
Major Player

Since your camera isn't being recognized you might try different firewire settings in FCP.

In the HDV 720p24 Easy Setup the default Device Control Preset is HDV FireWire NDF. You could also try changiing this to HDV FireWire Basic NDF, HDV FireWire Basic or HDV FireWire in the Audio/Video Settings panel (Option+Apple+Q).

You can also try Non-Controllable Device as a test. This will require a manual record start at the dialog box prompt.
George Strother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #5
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Strother View Post
Since your camera isn't being recognized you might try different firewire settings in FCP.

In the HDV 720p24 Easy Setup the default Device Control Preset is HDV FireWire NDF. You could also try changiing this to HDV FireWire Basic NDF, HDV FireWire Basic or HDV FireWire in the Audio/Video Settings panel (Option+Apple+Q).

You can also try Non-Controllable Device as a test. This will require a manual record start at the dialog box prompt.
Hi George! Isn't my camera being recognized by FCP if I can log and capture footage from it with no difficultly?
Old July 25th, 2007, 04:38 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fowler View Post
Hi George! Isn't my camera being recognized by FCP if I can log and capture footage from it with no difficultly?
Yes, but you say it is not being recognized when you try to record to tape.

When you try to output, you could try these firewire settings. Sometimes they work when FCP isn't recognizing the camera on output.
George Strother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2007, 06:50 AM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fowler View Post
I dont know if it helps but i almost drove myself mad getting my JVCHD111 to record from FCP in HDV. I used print to video and spent many hours till I noticed that I simply had to press "record" on the camera instead of it recording automatically.
Old July 27th, 2007, 12:43 AM   #8
Major Player

If I am not mistaken, HD100 only has Firewire output, you have to have 101 for input back to tape. The same goes for 110 (output only) and 111 (I/O).
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 01:03 AM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Fiala View Post
If I am not mistaken, HD100 only has Firewire output, you have to have 101 for input back to tape. The same goes for 110 (output only) and 111 (I/O).
That's only in Europe.

The American HD100U has full firewire I/O capability. I've recorded into my HD100 via firewire with no problems.

I think there is some tax imposed in Europe for digital recording devices so JVC gives people the option of either having firewire input or not.
Europe has 2 models for each camera, HD 100E & 101E/HD110E & 111E
While the US just has HD100U & HD110U

This creates some confusion but if you live in the States, you should have full firewire I/O.
Scott Jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 01:45 AM   #10
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Strother View Post
Yes, but you say it is not being recognized when you try to record to tape.

When you try to output, you could try these firewire settings. Sometimes they work when FCP isn't recognizing the camera on output.
Ok thanks George I'll give it a try and report back!
John Fowler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems