wireless mic holders for JVC cams at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 26th, 2007, 07:14 AM   #1
Regular Crew

wireless mic holders for JVC cams

How are you guys attaching any wireless audio receivers to your JVC cams? I'm looking for a solution. Thanks!
Old July 26th, 2007, 07:48 AM   #2
Major Player

I have the IDX plate on the back of my HD100. There are two mounting holes for the HDD/wireless bracket on that but the bracket in question costs over $100 (just a piece of metal) so I went to a hardware store and bought a couple of brackets, bolts, nuts and washers for about $10. I use velcro to attach 1 or 2 wireless receivers to this. It worked just fine - even when hiking with the camera through forests.
Antony Michael Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2007, 08:45 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antony Michael Wilson View Post
I have the IDX plate on the back of my HD100. There are two mounting holes for the HDD/wireless bracket on that but the bracket in question costs over $100 (just a piece of metal) so I went to a hardware store and bought a couple of brackets, bolts, nuts and washers for about $10. I use velcro to attach 1 or 2 wireless receivers to this. It worked just fine - even when hiking with the camera through forests.
Are these the two holes a cm apart in the centre of the battery plate (I have a Hawk-Woods battery set)?
I'm looking into wireless mics - I don't suppose you could post a pic of your knocked together version...£100 is a heck of a lot of money.
Which wireless mic's do you own btw?
Cheers.
David Scattergood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2007, 09:08 AM   #4
Regular Crew

wireless RX holder.

hi David. I have a Hawkswood V-Lok mount, too, and like Anthony i have fabricated a mount for a Sennheiser ew100 RX. i use a piece of Aluminium plate 100mm x 70 mm, with a 90 degree bend 10 mm in from one long side. There are holes on the side of the Hawkswood mount, and I drilled and tapped the plate to those. I've cut two slots in the top of my mic mount plate, into which the sprung wire clip on the Sennheiser drop down, to hold the RX in place. I've also wrapped the whole in matt black gaffer tape to give more grip. My Swit batteries drop neatly in next to the mic holder. Check the measurements for your batteries - I think Antons are a bit wider than Swits, so you may need more clearance. The RX cable runs between the shoulder mount and the tape access door.=, though sometimes it snags and I have to fiddle with the cable to eject a tape.
I'm thinking of getting a Firestore, and reckon I could fabricate a plate (maybe with a bracing arm) that will hold the FS behind the battery...

I'm attaching some arty picture of the mount taken on my phone.... hope they are useful.

And don't you wish they put L-shape XLR's on the mics?!

best wishes, Rob Adams

Robert Adams
Camera Operator: DoP: Producer: Editor
Documentaries: Commercials: Wildlife: Aviation: News
po box 1344 borrowdale harare zimbabwe
tel + 263 912 317 091
e-mail adams@satsys.net
Attached Thumbnails
wireless mic holders for JVC cams-26-07-07_1645.jpg   wireless mic holders for JVC cams-26-07-07_1646.jpg  

wireless mic holders for JVC cams-26-07-07_1647.jpg   wireless mic holders for JVC cams-26-07-07_1648.jpg  

Robert Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:02 AM   #5
Space Hipster

I have an A/B battery mount. I've been taping the wireless receiver to my HD200's top handle. It works so far, but I prefer a more permanent solution.
Glen Vandermolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:42 AM   #6
Inner Circle

BEC offers plates and cups that work with V mount an dAB mounts. The plates and cups are about $75.00 each at B&H. Yeahs it's money but I've been using them for about 3 years on both Sony DSR series, JVC5000U and JVC HD100A even though the HD100 has IDX. The mount on the IDX plate lines up with the holes in the BEC cup for receivers and it works great. The receiver sits to the side and is out of the way but it does throw a bit of extra weight to the right side.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2007, 03:15 PM   #7
Space Hipster

B&H also offers a mount made by JVC. The A/B mount is much cheaper than the IDX version, for some reason:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...y_Bracket.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...y_Bracket.html
Glen Vandermolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2007, 03:35 AM   #8
Regular Crew

My wireless setup.

IDX bracket
Marc Jayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2007, 06:52 AM   #9
Major Player

Cheers Rob - that's really helpful.

And Marc - to this day I didn't realise you could fix the DR HD100 to the camera (as well as the wireless set up).
Thanks for posting....something for me to be aware of....not that I can currently stump up the £'s/$'s for a DR HD100!
Cheers.
David Scattergood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2007, 01:10 PM   #10
Regular Crew

I've been using these to attach a wireless to my cameras for over 10 years...

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...t&tab=features

Lightweight, strong (holds up to 10 lbs), mount wherever you desire.
I apply one strip to all my batteries (Anton Bauer) and one to both of my wireless systems. You can also piggyback two wireless systems.

They are clear plastic (although the photo shows red) dual lock fasteners. They are NOT the cloth, velcro type.
It takes A LOT of force to knock these off. Haven't lost a wireless yet.

Best of luck.
Jeff Cerar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems