Issue with my HD110U...What the Duece? Missing info on LCD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems
GY-HD 100 & 200 series ProHD HDV camcorders & decks.

Old July 27th, 2007, 09:29 AM   #1
Major Player

Issue with my HD110U...What the Duece? Missing info on LCD

I have my trusty HD110U, I use it, alot. I have what appears to be a little over 300 hours on the drum for a camera less than a year old. Not sure if this is high, but I use it.

Anyway, I had sent it to JVC for the firmware update and got it back 2 months ago. Though my issues with FCP are still here, I use it, and then last weekend, out of the blue, all of my data disappears from the LCD...in the middle of the shoot.

Currently I have it so I can look in the eye piece, or look at the opened viewfinder to see time-code, battery info, everything at the same time. I shoot with both on. However last saturday I was filming and out of the blue all data vanished from my LCD. so I pushed menu button once to bring it back, nothing, twice, 3 times, nothing came back. I looked through the eye piece and while pushing the button, the view changes would appear, but not on the LCD. I made NO changes to the menu, I double checked the menu 4 times.

How/What/Why?

Also, the plastic piece where a tripod plate/mono pod mount broke, where would I get a new one?
Jim Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 03:02 PM   #2
Major Player

I had a similar problem when I was new to my HD-110. I went into the menu and told it to display the time code and audio levels, however despite being turned on, I did not see these indicators in the display. I was afraid that something was wrong with my camera. After playing around with the camera a bit though, I discovered that pushing the "status" button scrolled through the different information that was being displayed.
Adam Grunseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:25 PM   #3
Major Player

I know about that, because if I push the status buttons the individual data will come on or off in the view finder, but not on the LCD.
Jim Fields is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems