DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Inside the HM700 menu system (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/146655-inside-hm700-menu-system.html)

Tim Dashwood March 26th, 2009 06:14 AM

Inside the HM700 menu system

These aren't as detailed as the DVD tutorials but it will give you an idea of what to expect from the HM700. Episode 2 (next week) will cover post workflows.

On Youtube:
Inside the HM700 Part 1

Inside the HM700 Part 2

Inside the HM700 Part 3

On Vimeo:
Inside the HM700 Part 1

Inside the HM700 Part 2

Inside the HM700 Part 3

Sean Adair March 26th, 2009 09:27 AM

Thanks Tim!
Just sat down and watched all 3 clips. Gotta hand it to JVC, they keep building on a good thing. The feature expansion and menu usability improvements are significant, and I'm very excited about what this can mean in taking image quality to the next level along with improved creative possibilities.

So - the next DVD! Looks like you are on the case early this time - is it going to be available when the camera ships? ;^) Maybe JVC would be interested to include them with the camera or in a special package (like Barry Green's panasonic deal).

Tim Dashwood March 26th, 2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Adair (Post 1033885)
So - the next DVD! Looks like you are on the case early this time - is it going to be available when the camera ships? ;^) Maybe JVC would be interested to include them with the camera or in a special package (like Barry Green's panasonic deal).

It's impossible for me to have it ready for the HM700 ship date because I just got the camera a week ago and I think it officially hits the street tomorrow! I've already started scripting the modules so it is well underway.
Also, I need to wait for the HM100 to become available because I don't want to use a pre-release model. We should have a better idea of a release date after NAB.

Carlos Corral March 26th, 2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood (Post 1034119)
It's impossible for me to have it ready for the HM700 ship date because I just got the camera a week ago and I think it officially hits the street tomorrow! I've already started scripting the modules so it is well underway.
Also, I need to wait for the HM100 to become available because I don't want to use a pre-release model. We should have a better idea of a release date after NAB.

You can always ship the DVD when the Canon 14x lens becomes available. I'm waiting until June for that model in particular.

Tim Dashwood March 26th, 2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos Corral (Post 1034137)
I'm waiting until June for that model in particular.

We all are. The lens impressed me during my limited time with it in NY. I can't wait to get one back in my hands and on the camera.

BTW, the ONLY footage around the net shot with the Canon 14x4.6 is what I posted on Vimeo (undercrank/overcrank samples.) Everything else out there (including my recent clips) was shot on various Fujinon lenses.

Sean Adair March 27th, 2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood (Post 1034119)

;^) means not to take me seriously! I'm confident you'll be faster this time around with your experience to build on.
Meanwhile I'm trying to figure out how to gracefully divest myself of my HD200 and pay for the transition. I'd be happy to keep my 17x lens (and work towards a 13x) - even my power package, but I imagine it's a hard sell without those items.

Steve McClean April 9th, 2009 02:34 PM

Any sign of episode 2 on post workflows Tim? If you have any tips on how to minimise the render times for the footage from this cam that would also be appreciated as I'm thinking my G5 Mac may not be quite up to the task of 1080p HD editing...Thanks

Tim Dashwood April 9th, 2009 06:26 PM

I'm working on it in my spare time... which I have very very little of right now!

Intel systems will have more real-time capabilities than G5 systems. I personally prefer to set my render codec to ProRes 422, which does speed things up when rendering is required.