Tutorial DVD or Blu-Ray? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

View Poll Results: What is your preferred format for "The Complete Guide to ProHD Volume II?"
$59.95 NTSC DVD (region free) 25 32.47%
$69.95 PAL DVD (regions 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) 8 10.39%
$69.95 1080p Blu-Ray (region free) 17 22.08%
$39.95 Flash Web-based Subscription to all content 17 22.08%
$ 2.95 iTunes Dowloadable iPod Mini-Tutorials 23 29.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 29th, 2009, 04:41 PM   #46
MPS Digital Studios

SD DVD for me, only because I may need to use it on my Mac.

Heath
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:00 AM   #47
Regular Crew

One question I thought of recently for the tutorial: Would there need be a different set of settings shown for the Fujinon and Canon lenses that the HM700 comes with? I mostly ask as I have Fujinon glass for mine, and I would presume the two do not give the exact same look to the sensor.

Have Fun,
Jim.
James McBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 11:28 AM   #48
Regular Crew

Any Further updates on Tutorials?

Do we have a target date for release?
Tracy Foust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 12:35 PM   #49
Regular Crew

Likewise, two weeks until I'm off to Africa, and I've had no time to practice with the camera, so relying on the dvd/downloads to get up to speed quickly - so getting desperate ;-)
John McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 04:26 AM   #50
Major Player

ProHD Shooters Guide to the GYHM100 on ebay!

I see it's now available from Tim on ebay.

ProHD Shooter's Guide to the GY-HM100 JVC Brand New DVD - eBay, Other, Professional Video Equipment, Cameras Photo. (end time 22-Aug-09 04:52:07 AEST)

Cheers,

Vaughan
Vaughan Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 08:59 AM   #51
Wrangler

The website went live yesterday and the official announcement will be made soon.

Those ebay listings have been posted by my brother (who is handling sales and promotion) in an attempt to reach potential customers not aware of dvinfo.net.
Old November 30th, 2009, 06:57 PM   #52
New Boot

Make standard DVD's but provide code for online 1920 HD download

Compress to h264 and track your downloads by code.

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood View Post
We are currently in production on Volume II of "The Complete Guide to ProHD" featuring the HM100 & HM700 cameras. The last time we produced NTSC region-free DVDs which were universally playable around the world. We had prepared PAL versions but the demand was so low we couldn't justify a minimum replication order of 1000 units.
When we demonstrated features that affected HD details we would do a 1:1 pixel blowup to demonstrate the effects, which I think was as effective as having it in HD.
I only received a few requests last time for Blu-Ray, but we are actually considering it this time as the primary format. A little market research is required before we commit to the higher replication costs.

I've also included some web-based options in the poll above. We of course will be releasing more free content but there's no way we can do that with the almost 4 hours of material that was included on the DVD.

If you're on the fence you can choose more than one option in the poll.
David Bankston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 11:49 PM   #53
Regular Crew

BD would be great.

Just bought a Blue-Ray player. It would be great to see in HD.

Alan
Alan Halfhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2009, 11:02 AM   #54
Wrangler

I'm still leaving the option open. It would probably not be viable to mass produce in Blu-Ray but I might duplicate 50 or so for those interested.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 07:24 AM   #55
Regular Crew

Having recently got myself a PS3 I would also now be interested in a Blue Ray version instead than a PAL one.

have fun,
Jim.
James McBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 12:51 PM   #56
Major Player

Tim, do you know when the DVD for the HM700 will be ready? I am really looking forward to it, as I am considering this camera.

Thanks

Svein Rune
Svein Rune Skilnand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 08:10 PM   #57
Regular Crew

DVD for me please!

Tim - I would buy this DVD tomorrow if it were available. We just took delivery on a 100 & 700 with another 700 coming soon. We REALLY need this DVD!
Lou Caputo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #58
Regular Crew

That makes two of us....Schedule?

Steve
Steve J. Nordahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2010, 10:33 AM   #59
Regular Crew

DVD Tutorial for the JVC-HM700U?

I know this was promised by Tim quite some time ago, and we have had a few updates from him here and there, but the HM700 series has been out over a year now (February 2009).... And now a new version of the 700 is out (790) and the prices are dropping on the original units. Not even JVC has a tutorial out for the 700???

I was just wondering, I've had my 700U for just over a year. Is there any word on whether the tutorial DVD is going to be made available in the very near future? Does anyone know of a comprehensive one on the market?

I'm not trying to be facetious here...but it's been over a year...

I have been thumbing around with this thing, and I have tried to figure out all the inner workings and settings, but without the guide, it's like trying to read a book in total darkness...

Sorry for the vent, but can we have some positive news???

Steve Nordahl
Bethlehem, Pa.
Steve J. Nordahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2010, 03:45 PM   #60
Wrangler

Hi Steve,

I know I owe you all an update to the ETA of "The Complete Guide to ProHD Volume 2."
The current status of the HM700/790 DVD is that the HM700 portions are "in-the-can" but I have not yet had time to even touch a demo HM790. My apologies for this. I know many of you have been waiting for a long time now. The original release date was delayed as soon as we caught wind of a "new 700 series camera" on the horizon.

Unfortunately for our relatively small HM700 community the tutorial project is a 'labour of love' and not a 'money maker' from any sort of business perspective. This means that there are no additional resources available to commit to the project other than my personal time. The business manager of my own company prefers me to work on the projects that produce a revenue stream, and the explosion of interest in 3D since last year has had an unexpected impact on my professional life.
My current dilemma is that 90% of my time since last summer has been taken up with stereoscopic 3d production and software development. I try to dedicate the rest to my wife and kids and the leftover to DVi. We finally just released version 2 of Stereo3D Toolbox yesterday so after a couple of speaking engagements this month I will finally have some free time to revisit the HM700/790 tutorial project.

Typically I will order 500-1000 DVDs to be replicated. Our experience with Volume 1 has shown that there isn't a huge market for these DVDs and as a result I have at least 600 units of Volume 1 sitting in storage.
Therefore I've decided that Volume 2 should be released as a Blu-Ray and we will duplicate a short order (probably under 100) instead of replicating a large order. This means the cost of each unit will be higher but the benefit will be full 1920x1080p resolution (which the whole video was shot in.)

So I ask that those waiting please be patient. If things go as planned I will shoot a section on the HM790, author the Blu-Ray, and have them in your hands by the end of July.

Thank again for your interest.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems