Tutorial DVD or Blu-Ray? - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

View Poll Results: What is your preferred format for "The Complete Guide to ProHD Volume II?"
$59.95 NTSC DVD (region free) 25 32.47%
$69.95 PAL DVD (regions 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) 8 10.39%
$69.95 1080p Blu-Ray (region free) 17 22.08%
$39.95 Flash Web-based Subscription to all content 17 22.08%
$ 2.95 iTunes Dowloadable iPod Mini-Tutorials 23 29.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 4th, 2010, 06:20 AM   #61
Regular Crew

Thanks for the news Tim...Looking forward to seeing the results of your effort.

Turns out good timing on on my part, Just got the BR Player last week, waiting for the Mac Burner to arrive.

Steve
Steve J. Nordahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2010, 06:16 AM   #62
Regular Crew

Thanks for the update Tim, I look forward to ordering the guide when it's ready.

Have Fun,
Jim
James McBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #63
Regular Crew

Dead?

Has the HM700 Guide been trashed or did I miss the chance to order one?
Ron Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2010, 07:05 AM   #64
Regular Crew

Special Request

I am the proud owner of both a hm100 and hm700 camera pair. The hm100 tutorial that Tim put together took me from an average shooter to a "professional" designation. It was a terrific DVD and I may have been one the first people to purchase it (got it on ebay!) I purchased all the accessories Tim recommended.

The hm700 is a far more capable camera and I know that I am not using it to its full capability. Tim, would you consider wrapping it up in it's present form and releasing it on DVD so we can get to it. I am willing to pay more for this. I also think that JVC should sponsor the tutorial and give it away with camera purchases because they have very little in support material for this unit compared to Canon or Sony.

Blue ray is problematic for me and many others who work with DVD based workflows or have Macs. The tutorial tends to go with the Camera and play on the laptop. Even a large digital download would be better than Blue Ray.

Let me emphasize that I realize the community of users is small and the profit potential for this tutorial is not huge and to this end I would be willing to pay much more for this tutorial because of it's value to me.

Yours truly, Dan Thomson
Dan Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 08:44 PM   #65
Regular Crew

HM700 DVD Tutorial

I too have been waiting anxiously for this DVD for almost a year now. And I would also be willing to pay a premium to get my hands on it. Please Tim, we know you're probably spread thinner than a french crepe on a hot griddle, but I know there are a lot of us out here who just need a little guidance from the master.
Old November 11th, 2010, 09:05 AM   #66
Regular Crew

I'll add my pleas to the chorus...

The stuff I've seen has blown me away, and I feel that the content of this DVD could take my work to the next level of quality.

I appreciate all of your contributions here Mr. Dashwood. Your posts helped me separate the wheat from the chaff and the truth from the hype when I was looking to upgrade from my 12 year old XL1, (just as Chris Hurd's post to the Old Watchdog helped me make THAT decision over a decade ago.)

$60 or more. Doesn't matter. Like so many folks here, it will be worth it to me.
Old November 11th, 2010, 09:12 AM   #67
New Boot

Count me in as well. I've been waiting for this DVD since I purchased my HM-700 last spring. I have the one for the HM-100 and it's fantastic.
David Medzorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:14 PM   #68
Regular Crew

DVD or Blu Ray for me. I just bought a PS3 and have it connected with HDMI, looks great.
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:29 PM   #69
New Boot

Where's Tim?

It has been many months since we have heard from Tim on this thread.

I am another new 700 user (well, I was when this started) who would really appreciate the availability of this product at whatever price makes it work for Tim. On the other hand, if the world has turned so far that producing it no longer makes sense...then it would be nice to know that too.
Michael Delagarza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2011, 03:04 PM   #70
Tourist

me too....

Love the camera, but would like to know more about the settings and how to use them more effectively... any update? I too have the previous DVD but would love an HM700 disc.
Doug Calhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2011, 09:12 AM   #71
Regular Crew

Re: Tutorial DVD or Blu-Ray?

In a few months it will be a year since we heard from Tim on the HM700 Tutorial and two years since introducing the concept. Doesn't look like there is any interest in completing the project. Does anyone know of another resource?

Last edited by Ron Edwards; March 3rd, 2011 at 09:15 AM. Reason: correction
Ron Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2011, 06:57 PM   #72
New Boot

What happened to the GY-HM700 Tutorial DVD? Did I miss something on the thread? Did Tim Dashwood make an announcement that he was not producing the DVD after all...or was there just not enough demand for it? Sure like to know what happened, as he had talked about it for some time and had even projected a tentative completion date for it. Was looking foward to buying it.
Does anyone know of another source for tutorials on the camera? So many questions....
David Medzorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #73
Regular Crew

I've had my HM-700 over a year and a half now, but I'd still buy Tim's DVD no matter what the price. However, I think Tim has abandoned us for the 3-D world! I wish him the best but maybe he could take what he's done so far on the HM-700 DVD and pass it on to someone else to finish.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems