DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   wireless receiver mount plate for HM700? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/235942-wireless-receiver-mount-plate-hm700.html)

Sean Adair May 23rd, 2009 11:17 AM

wireless receiver mount plate for HM700?

Curious if the legacy accessory plates from the GY-HD series for mounting drive/wireless next to the battery mount are good for the HM700. It would appear that it's the same battery back plate. I'll be sticking with A/B mount this time, and haven't found an appropriate way to mount my lectro 411 when handheld. On a tripod, it's been OK to bungee it to a leg.

Steven Auerbach May 27th, 2009 08:07 AM

wireless receiver mount plate for HM700?

Anton/Bauer sells several components which work perfectly with the HM700 and Lectrosonic wireless mic receivers. They are:

a. Universal BP Back Plate: Goes between the back of the camera and the A/B Gold Mount. I believe it's the same plate used by the GY-HD series of JVC cameras.

b. ABWMK-Kit Universal Mounting Plate: Attaches to the right angle flange of the Universal BP Back Plate.

c. Lectrosonics Wireless Receiver Holders which attach to the ABWMK-Kit (three models):
WRB-185
WRB-200
WRB-201

Each of the above models accommodates different Lectrosonics receivers. I have a Lectro UCR-210D wireless receiver and it works perfectly with the WRB-200. I suggest you contact Anton/Bauer to find out which holder works best with your receiver.

Gregory Murphy June 10th, 2009 08:50 AM

I have made an adapter plate for my Sennheiser Radio receiver on the card side of the HM700 and found out that the receiver is picking up RF noise from the camera. I tried mounting it alongside the mic inputs but the RF noise seemed to worse. I had to adjust the squelch on the receiver to compensate for the noise which leaves the signal distance of the transmitter lower. Anybody else had this problem?

Claude Mangold June 15th, 2009 08:01 AM

Sean, I recently had to use a sennheiser wireless for scouting images at a rock concert. Crowded and all. Cam handheld.
I used the good old velcro solution on my 251 and imagine this would also work on the 700: Sony battery-velcro-EK 3041-velcro-DRHD100. Secured with two thick rubber bands. No problem whatsoever. Receiver powered via teletest cable. Of course you wouldn't need the HDD.No noise, no interference.
Velcro strips are about 2 inch wide, 3 long.

Sean Adair June 15th, 2009 08:23 AM

I used velcro and straps on my hd200 as well, but never like attaching it to the battery. I may make a second generation homespun rig again for a detachable side plate to hold the lectro. The commercial A/B solutions are bulkier and pricier than I'd like.

If you remove the battery mount plate, you can sandwich in an aluminum tab, and rig a small lateral plate to this for velcro and strap.

Donald Smith June 16th, 2009 09:46 PM

Found the perfect solution for my G2 wireless receiver, which has a "shoe" to mount on a camera; The Flash Shoe, a $9 gizmo that screws into the hole in the middle of the handle and provides a flash shoe receiver for the shoe of the receiver mount.

On the label it says "Manfrotto" in the background, and says:

143S
DlAH AHOW, 1/4" MAL
E ATTCHMNT

I got mine at Kennedy's here in the Dallas, Ft. Worth area
KENNEDY's ENG, INC.

Here's a picture... look at the middle of the carrying handle:

http://newsvideo.com/shoe.jpg

Don Smith
NewsVideo.com

Donald Smith June 17th, 2009 06:02 AM

Boy, I must have been on CRACK when I wrote my previous message!

Here's the correct information:

On the label it says "Manfrotto" in the background, and says:

143S
FLASH SHOE, 1/4" MAL
E ATTCHMNT

Yes, I'm spelling "ATTCHMNT" correctly. That's how it is on the label. :)

Don Smith
NewsVideo.com