DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   MOV can not edit or play back on a PC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/236852-mov-can-not-edit-play-back-pc.html)

Brian Rhodes June 6th, 2009 08:56 AM

MOV can not edit or play back on a PC

Shot some test footage in MOV format for a friend that uses final cut. now I am trying to play back and import the footage into Vegas pro 9 and it will not work. I also tried Cineform.

Tim Dashwood June 6th, 2009 10:22 AM

Quicktime for Windows doesn't ship with the XDCAM EX component installed. The only solution is to purchase Calibrated{Q}'s XD Decode for $79.95, which allows you to work with XDCAM EX Quicktimes (and as a bonus HDV Quicktimes too.)

Brian Rhodes June 6th, 2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood (Post 1154849)
Quicktime for Windows doesn't ship with the XDCAM EX component installed. The only solution is to purchase Calibrated{Q}'s XD Decode for $79.95, which allows you to work with XDCAM EX Quicktimes (and as a bonus HDV Quicktimes too.)

I tried the demo all I got was audio Video was blank

Tim Dashwood June 6th, 2009 09:41 PM

Is the video blank just after you import into Vegas or does it also not work if you open the clips in Quicktime Player?
Are you running the latest version of Quicktime?

Brian Rhodes June 6th, 2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood (Post 1155087)
Is the video blank just after you import into Vegas or does it also not work if you open the clips in Quicktime Player?
Are you running the latest version of Quicktime?

Blank with Vegas 9, Cineform, And Quick Time Running lastest version of Quick Time audio only.

Greg Booth June 7th, 2009 08:04 AM

Hi Brian,

As a quick check, open a MOV in QuickTime Player and choose 'Show Movie Inspector' and make sure the MOV is a XDCAM-compressed file.

Next, make sure the CalibratedXDQ.qtx file is in the [SYSTEMDRIVE]:/Program Files/QuickTime/QTComponents directory. If it is not, then you can manually copy it from the [SYSTEMDRIVE]:/Program Files/Calibrated/Plugins/QuickTime directory and then restart.

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software

Brian Rhodes June 8th, 2009 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Booth (Post 1155182)
Hi Brian,

As a quick check, open a MOV in QuickTime Player and choose 'Show Movie Inspector' and make sure the MOV is a XDCAM-compressed file.

Next, make sure the CalibratedXDQ.qtx file is in the [SYSTEMDRIVE]:/Program Files/QuickTime/QTComponents directory. If it is not, then you can manually copy it from the [SYSTEMDRIVE]:/Program Files/Calibrated/Plugins/QuickTime directory and then restart.

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software

Greg finally I un-installed quick time and CalibratedXDQ and downloaded new files re-installed worked fine. I have another problem with grey lines in the video... LOL
I purchased a license yesterday thanks Greg..