MOV can not edit or play back on a PC at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 600/700/800 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 600/700/800 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM6xx, HM7xx and HM8xx ProHD camcorders & decks.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 6th, 2009, 09:56 AM   #1
Major Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 740
MOV can not edit or play back on a PC

Shot some test footage in MOV format for a friend that uses final cut. now I am trying to play back and import the footage into Vegas pro 9 and it will not work. I also tried Cineform.
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2009, 11:22 AM   #2
Wrangler
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 3,637
Quicktime for Windows doesn't ship with the XDCAM EX component installed. The only solution is to purchase Calibrated{Q}'s XD Decode for $79.95, which allows you to work with XDCAM EX Quicktimes (and as a bonus HDV Quicktimes too.)
__________________
Tim Dashwood
Tim Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2009, 11:53 AM   #3
Major Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood View Post
Quicktime for Windows doesn't ship with the XDCAM EX component installed. The only solution is to purchase Calibrated{Q}'s XD Decode for $79.95, which allows you to work with XDCAM EX Quicktimes (and as a bonus HDV Quicktimes too.)
I tried the demo all I got was audio Video was blank
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2009, 10:41 PM   #4
Wrangler
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 3,637
Is the video blank just after you import into Vegas or does it also not work if you open the clips in Quicktime Player?
Are you running the latest version of Quicktime?
__________________
Tim Dashwood
Tim Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 12:41 AM   #5
Major Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood View Post
Is the video blank just after you import into Vegas or does it also not work if you open the clips in Quicktime Player?
Are you running the latest version of Quicktime?



Blank with Vegas 9, Cineform, And Quick Time Running lastest version of Quick Time audio only.
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 09:04 AM   #6
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 36
Hi Brian,

As a quick check, open a MOV in QuickTime Player and choose 'Show Movie Inspector' and make sure the MOV is a XDCAM-compressed file.

Next, make sure the CalibratedXDQ.qtx file is in the [SYSTEMDRIVE]:/Program Files/QuickTime/QTComponents directory. If it is not, then you can manually copy it from the [SYSTEMDRIVE]:/Program Files/Calibrated/Plugins/QuickTime directory and then restart.

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software
Greg Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 08:51 AM   #7
Major Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Booth View Post
Hi Brian,

As a quick check, open a MOV in QuickTime Player and choose 'Show Movie Inspector' and make sure the MOV is a XDCAM-compressed file.

Next, make sure the CalibratedXDQ.qtx file is in the [SYSTEMDRIVE]:/Program Files/QuickTime/QTComponents directory. If it is not, then you can manually copy it from the [SYSTEMDRIVE]:/Program Files/Calibrated/Plugins/QuickTime directory and then restart.

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software

Greg finally I un-installed quick time and CalibratedXDQ and downloaded new files re-installed worked fine. I have another problem with grey lines in the video... LOL
I purchased a license yesterday thanks Greg..
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 600/700/800 Series Camera Systems

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:53 AM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network