MOV can not edit or play back on a PC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old June 6th, 2009, 08:56 AM   #1
Major Player

MOV can not edit or play back on a PC

Shot some test footage in MOV format for a friend that uses final cut. now I am trying to play back and import the footage into Vegas pro 9 and it will not work. I also tried Cineform.
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2009, 10:22 AM   #2
Wrangler

Quicktime for Windows doesn't ship with the XDCAM EX component installed. The only solution is to purchase Calibrated{Q}'s XD Decode for $79.95, which allows you to work with XDCAM EX Quicktimes (and as a bonus HDV Quicktimes too.)
Old June 6th, 2009, 10:53 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood View Post
Quicktime for Windows doesn't ship with the XDCAM EX component installed. The only solution is to purchase Calibrated{Q}'s XD Decode for $79.95, which allows you to work with XDCAM EX Quicktimes (and as a bonus HDV Quicktimes too.)
I tried the demo all I got was audio Video was blank
Old June 6th, 2009, 09:41 PM   #4
Wrangler

Is the video blank just after you import into Vegas or does it also not work if you open the clips in Quicktime Player?
Are you running the latest version of Quicktime?
Old June 6th, 2009, 11:41 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood View Post
Is the video blank just after you import into Vegas or does it also not work if you open the clips in Quicktime Player?
Are you running the latest version of Quicktime?

Blank with Vegas 9, Cineform, And Quick Time Running lastest version of Quick Time audio only.
Old June 7th, 2009, 08:04 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi Brian,

As a quick check, open a MOV in QuickTime Player and choose 'Show Movie Inspector' and make sure the MOV is a XDCAM-compressed file.

Next, make sure the CalibratedXDQ.qtx file is in the [SYSTEMDRIVE]:/Program Files/QuickTime/QTComponents directory. If it is not, then you can manually copy it from the [SYSTEMDRIVE]:/Program Files/Calibrated/Plugins/QuickTime directory and then restart.

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software
Greg Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 07:51 AM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Booth View Post
Hi Brian,

As a quick check, open a MOV in QuickTime Player and choose 'Show Movie Inspector' and make sure the MOV is a XDCAM-compressed file.

Next, make sure the CalibratedXDQ.qtx file is in the [SYSTEMDRIVE]:/Program Files/QuickTime/QTComponents directory. If it is not, then you can manually copy it from the [SYSTEMDRIVE]:/Program Files/Calibrated/Plugins/QuickTime directory and then restart.

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software

Greg finally I un-installed quick time and CalibratedXDQ and downloaded new files re-installed worked fine. I have another problem with grey lines in the video... LOL
I purchased a license yesterday thanks Greg..
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems