DSC CDM28 Chart scene file for HM700 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old June 28th, 2009, 12:14 PM   #1
Major Player

DSC CDM28 Chart scene file for HM700

Dear Tim,

On the first of July I have to shoot an event with five cameras. Four of them are GY HD 251 and I am usualy using your DSC CDM28 Chart scene file while the fifth one is the HM 700. Would you please give me a hint on what to do to make them look alike. I will see the HM 700 for the first time on the first of July in the morning and I will not have the time to work on the scene file. If it is to early to ask for a DSC CDM28 Chart scene file for the HM 700 what would you advise me to do? Do you think that if I reset both models to factory presets will look close enough. The event will be broadcasted live so I have to find an in camera solution not a post one.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Eugen
Eugen Oprina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2009, 02:37 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I searched for the test-PDF - when I get my HM700 next week, I will test some of the settings and see how the settings look.
Possible that Tim works on new settings like the existing settings.
Eric Deyerler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2009, 02:43 PM   #3
Major Player

Eric,
Every tested solution is welcome.
Thanks,
Eugen
Eugen Oprina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 03:38 PM   #4
Major Player

I used the factory presets with a touch on black and knee level. Unfortunately I didn't have a vectoscope so I did the calibration "on the eye" using my DSC CamAlign chart and the jvc 20 inch HDSDI monitor. TV stations were happy, client was happy. I was surprised to see that even thou HM 700 doesn't have a genlock it was in perfect sync with the 251s thanks to the Panasonic AV HS300 video mixer.
Eugen Oprina is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems