DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Press Release: JVC Offers ProHD Media Storage Kit (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/239345-press-release-jvc-offers-prohd-media-storage-kit.html)

Chris Hurd July 20th, 2009 09:11 AM

Press Release: JVC Offers ProHD Media Storage Kit

1 Attachment(s)
WAYNE, NJ (July 20, 2009) – JVC Professional Products, division of JVC U.S.A., has introduced the ProHD Media Storage Kit, a complete storage solution for SDHC media cards that are used to record footage from the company’s new GY-HM100 and GY-HM700 camcorders.

Memory cards are stored in 3x5-inch sleeves made of static-resistant polypropylene. Each ProHD Media Sleeve holds up to three cards and includes two pre-printed inserts for documenting card contents. The kit includes a rugged, lockable storage vault that can store up to 50 sleeves, a tab divider set and 25 media sleeves.

"One of the advantages of recording on inexpensive, non-proprietary flash memory cards is that you don’t have to constantly transfer your content and reuse your media," explained Craig Yanagi, national marketing manager, creation products. "SDHC cards have reached a price point where they can be used for archiving. With our new ProHD Media Storage Kit, it’s easy to store and manage your media card archive."

While originally designed for professionals who need to archive original footage shot on JVC’s new GY-HM100 and GY-HM700 camcorders, the ProHD Media Storage Kit is also a useful storage option for photographers and other media and data professionals.

The ProHD Media Storage Kit, model MCPHDKIT, has a suggested list price of $99 and is available immediately.

About JVC U.S.A.

Headquartered in Wayne, New Jersey, JVC U.S.A. is a division of JVC Americas Corp., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Victor Company of Japan Ltd. JVC distributes a complete line of video and audio equipment for the consumer and professional markets. For further product information, visit JVC’s Web site at JVC PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS COMPANY or call (800) 526-5308.

Chris Hurd July 20th, 2009 09:12 AM

The attached image isn't the best, but it's what was provided with the press release.

Jack Walker July 20th, 2009 11:42 AM

Here is a slightly different picture, with a clear view of how the SDHC cards fit into the 3c5 card:
JVC Professional Features page
Click on the card for a view of the box closed.

Here is the item at B&H:
JVC | PRO-HD MEDIA KIT | MCPHDKIT | B&H Photo Video

The kit comes with storage cards. I don't see a place to buy additional cards.

Donald Smith July 21st, 2009 08:56 AM

I swear, on first reading I thought it was a spoof! $99 for a box of plastic sleeves?

Besides, each of the three memory cards in each plastic holder should have their own insert. I mean, what if I had a new project for "A" but the second and third slots were already written in on the one card that is common for all three slots? I would have to put my new "A" named card in another plastic sleeve. Out of alpha order already! Unless I used a spare pre-printed card? What about the next time? And, the next?

I would think that we could soon buy inserts for SD cards that fit into our CD/DVD carrying cases. Might be something on the market that works as we speak!

Don Smith
NewsVideo.com