Firmware update for GY-HM100 / GY-HM700 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old August 20th, 2009, 10:34 AM   #31
Regular Crew

I can download the software update now (from the JVC site) but I have still not been able to successfully install into the HM100 camera, even after several attempts.

Step 9 from the instructions pasted below is not happening for me - I just get returned to the formatting menu every time I do step 8. Any ideas?

Update*Procedure*
1. Connect*a*battery*which*has*is*at*least*10*minutes*of*charge.*Also,*plug*the*AC*adapter*to*the*camco rder.**
2. Turn*on*the*power*for*GY‐HM100U.**
3. Open*the*door*the*covers*SD*slots.*Insert*SD/SDHC*card*for*update*to*SD*CARD*SLOT*A.**
4. Press*MENU*button*and*then*press*SET*LEVER*down*to*scroll*to*MEDIA*SETTING.*Press*the*center*of*the* SET*
LEVER.*
5. From*the*MEDIA*SETTING*screen,*select*FORMAT.*
6. From*the*SLOT*SELECTION*screen,*select*SLOT*A*where*the*SD/SDHC*was*inserted.**
7. On*the*FORMATTING*SLOT*a*screen,*press*and*hold*USER*2*Button*together*with*the*SET*LEVER.**
8. On*the*UPDATE*screen,*the*current*version*is*displayed.*Select*YES,*and*then*push*SET*LEVER.*
9. On*the*UPDATE*screen,*the*updated*version*is*displayed.*Select*YES,*and*then*push*SET*LEVER.*
10. An*update*warning*is*displayed.*Select*YES*and*then*push*SET*LEVER.*
11. Update*starts.**
12. When*update*is*finished,*UPDATE*COMPLETED*is*displayed.*Select*OK*and*then*push*SET*LEVER.*Unit*
automatically*restarts.**
13. Remove*the*battery,*AC*adapter,*and*the*SD/SDHC*card.**
14. Connect*the*AC*adapter*again*to*check*the*firmware*version.**
Jon Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2009, 11:13 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Update: I successfully updated the software by reformatting sdhc card in camera then adding adding both update.udx file to root directory on sdhc card and the update folder structure (update/mh97/update.udx*) to root directory (it's most likely unnecessary to have both items on the card but I don't know which one worked).

Unfortunately it doesn't appear as though any of the requested firmware updates discussed on this site were added. (For me the lack of zoom control has become a deal breaker)
Jon Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2009, 12:40 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Once the firmware page was fixed by JVC,

I was able to get past the first level and downloaded the update. Cleared a card and loaded everything. Took about 2 minutes to get the updating done my 700U without any hitches...

The new updated list on mine is: (V) 0106, 0106, 0201, 0100, 0103, 0101, 0100, 0102

Steve

PS,
When done, don't forget to remove the card from the camera, delete the new update (Private) file from the card you use, and then place it back in the camera and reformat it in the camera!!!!

I wouldn't want to think of what might happen if you go to use it on short notice....and that folder is still there!!!

Steve
Steve J. Nordahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 07:42 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Update features

I have to agree with Jon that I am underwhelmed with this update. I own two GY-HM100 cameras and am seeing the deficiencies of the units, especially the zoom function. So many great suggestions have been made on these boards, which could be implemented in software, that it is disappointing to see this limited update. Sony was much more forthcoming in the their updates of the EX1 and EX3 series, constantly improving the feature set.

I must say that JVC seems to be uncommunicative with their clients. We have no details released about this update except to say that it enables Class 10 cards. On this board it is mentioned that "other minor bug fixes" are also included, and they would be what???? If JVC is planning on adding future options or improving the implementation of the feature set of the existing cameras, they should say something. As it sits right now, I only give "cautious" recommendations when I am asked about this camera.
Dan Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 05:36 PM   #35
Tourist

Still cannot download it. Still getting "We are unable to determine current version of software you have. Click here to go back and try again."

CAM: 1.07
ARM: 1.04
EEPROM 052
(data entered without the decimal)

Ideas?
Weston Hickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 05:51 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Weston,

What are the eight numbers that came up?

Should be something like this:
"From top to bottom in this order: (V) 0106, 0106, 0200, 0100, 0103, 0101, 0100, 0102"

Don't forget the "V" is not required when entering the numbers on the request page.

It's possible JVC didn't include your codes in the new update. They are watching and may revise the firmware if more are not recognized.

Steve
Old August 21st, 2009, 09:09 PM   #37
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve J. Nordahl View Post
Weston,

What are the eight numbers that came up?

Should be something like this:
"From top to bottom in this order: (V) 0106, 0106, 0200, 0100, 0103, 0101, 0100, 0102"

Don't forget the "V" is not required when entering the numbers on the request page.

It's possible JVC didn't include your codes in the new update. They are watching and may revise the firmware if more are not recognized.

Steve
Hi Steve,

I keep seeing everyone post those numbers, but I'm not sure where they are getting them from. When I follow the step outlined on the website (hitting 'User 2' and 'Select' from the format slot A option), I only get the following:

Where else should I go to get the numbers?

Thanks in advance.
Weston Hickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2009, 12:25 AM   #38
Regular Crew

The HM100 shows 3 numbers and not more,
the other numbers shown in the HM700-service-menu.
Eric Deyerler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2009, 09:02 AM   #39
Regular Crew

Thanks Eric & Wes...

Being a 700 owner, I wasn't aware the 100 was not the same.

That's what happens when I make an assumption.

Well good luck. Maybe JVC will look in to it, and come out with a revised update.

Have a nice weekend.

Steve
Old August 22nd, 2009, 09:59 AM   #40
New Boot

Weston, I had the same problem, but my numbers were 107, 103 and 052. Since you're at 104, my guess is just that they haven't put your system in, or yours IS the new one somehow.

At first I wasn't able to download, after they said they added more versions, now I'm able to. So I would say wait and keep trying.

But you're doing it right, and you have the right numbers. But for whatever reason they didn't put everyone's versions in the system off the bat it seems.
Tim Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 02:48 PM   #41
Regular Crew

Hm100

Just updated the firmware on my HM100. After the update the versions are:

CAM: 1.07
ARM: 1.05
EEPROM: 052

I just thought we should all check and see if we end up with the same versions after the update.
Andy Urtusuastegui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 02:53 PM   #42
Regular Crew

Hm 100

Steve and Tim. I don't know if you want to do this, but on the JVC page you might put in
CAM 107
ARM 102
EPRM 052

This is what my camera was and I got the download from the JVC site. I am not sure if this will cause problems. After the update, the only number that changed was the ARM. It is now 1.05
Andy Urtusuastegui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 05:07 PM   #43
Major Player

So after all the trouble of upgrading the firmware...

Has anybody noticed any improvement in the functionality or features of their HM100?

A list of specific improvements would be nice since it doesn't seem like JVC is telling us.
Keith Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 02:41 PM   #44
Regular Crew

I downloaded the upgrade for my HM700, but I don`t install it, but I don`t work with 10xSDHC-cards.
Eric Deyerler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2009, 11:02 AM   #45
Major Player

I just updated the firmware on my HM100 no problem took about 5 minutes.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems