Problems w' clip reviewer / any alternatives ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old October 28th, 2009, 09:47 AM   #1
New Boot

Problems w' clip reviewer / any alternatives ?

Greets everyone,

I was curious if anyone makes use of the enclosed clip reviewer that they send with the 700? (This post has a question seeking answer, as well as a workaround for others with the same issue if there is no alternate.)

I have had nothing but issues with it,,some of my clips showed up ok,,the rest show up as empty folders, tho if I click the "Import" button, it'll pop the clip in, but I have to go look for it.....aand repeat the process for each clip...So I said the heck with it.

I even downloaded the latest version from the Sony site.. ( I think its up to 2.5),still dosn't show up..( and I am shooting the base 1280x720,usually at 60p )

Right now my alternative "quick reviewer" is the VLC player. ( I shoot in the mp4 format )

It'd be nice to make use of the clip browser, but not worth the headache...

If anyone has any workable alternates (Other then reviewing directly in your choice of NLE, which I do at times too) I'd be interested in hearing...and for those with the same issues as me, check out the VLC player, its free,and be sure to make use of the play list as you can then select more then one clip to auto play thru at a time,making it easier to browse, or go back and play the same clips again..

I'd use adobe bridge, but they don't show up in that......oh well,,
Julius Kuziemski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems