Old HM700 upgraded to new HM700 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old November 17th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #1
Major Player

Old HM700 upgraded to new HM700

Just to inform you that my JVC assistance service was able today to update my old camera (one of the first lot.. not firmware upgradable from JVC's site) to the new one. This because there is a low-level firmware that actually states the CPU model etc.. And he was able (with JVC help) to change this. My camera now can acccept the new Firmware that usually is available only for CPU 1.0.5 and newer
Marcello Mazzilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2009, 03:39 AM   #2
New Boot

Any further Detailed info ??

You wouldn't happen to have any further details bout this, would you?

I just called my area's JVC rep about asking if my dealer could do it in house so I would not have to ship it to JVC, and he said it is not possible to do without mailing to JVC....

I'd love to keep from having to go without it for any length of time, but will need to update shortly one way or another.
Julius Kuziemski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 07:10 PM   #3
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcello Mazzilli View Post
And he was able (with JVC help) to change this. My camera now can acccept the new Firmware that usually is available only for CPU 1.0.5 and newer
Did he simply change the firmware number to fool the updater? Or, did he alter whatever it was about the first model's firmware that led to JVC deciding to not allow an update?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems