DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Scene file for HM 700 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/469154-scene-file-hm-700-a.html)

Eugen Oprina December 8th, 2009 04:41 PM

Scene file for HM 700

Dear forum,
I'm in a hurry with a complex project where I need to shoot with HD 251 an HM 700 together so I tried, using the DSC Camalign and the scopes in FCP, to match HM 700 matrix with Poalo Ciccone's True Color for GY HD 200 series.
The signal from the camera is captured in the computer via SDI with the Blacmagic HD extreme.
It is not 100% on the spot but, latitude and color wise, is far better than any camera's preset modes.

Here you are:

Detail – 4 (is not a must)
Black toe Normal

Knee Manual
Level 90
White clip 108
Gama standard
Master level Normal
R Level Normal
G level Normal
B Level Normal

Color Matrix Standard
Adjust
Mg&R Mg Level 4
Mg&R R Level 8
R&Yl R Level -3
R&Yl Y Level -3
Yl&G Yl Level -2
Yl&G G Level -15
Yl &G Mask Range 10
G&CY G Level 9
G&Cy Cy Level -13
Cy&B Cy Level -16
Cy&B B Level 2
B&Mg B Level Normal
B&Mg Mg level -8
R Rotation Normal
B Rotation Normal
G Rotation Normal
Color Gain Normal

Any comment or improvement is welcome.

All the best,
Eugen

Eugen Oprina December 9th, 2009 12:28 AM

Sorry,
I forgot to say that on the HM 700 I have a Fujinon 3,5X13 while on the 250 I have the Fujinon 5,5X16.
Eugen

Eugen Oprina December 24th, 2009 02:09 AM

The project is over.
They worked together ok, the HM 700 with GY 251. The HM with the above matrix seams to be a little green happy. Which may also happen because of the Fujinon 3,5X13.
Once again a realised that the matrix pasted in the forum message is incomplete so the Black level is -2.
All the best, good luck and Merry Christmas to everybody,
Eugen

Stephan Mussil January 29th, 2010 07:04 AM

Scene file for HM 700

Any new experiences with Scene and Picture Files?

Steve J. Nordahl March 8th, 2010 08:23 AM

Eugen,

Thanks for posting this information. I reset my 700 (I'm using the 14X canon Lens) and have been using the settings you mentioned. Seem to be working well. Colors are well saturated, and the blend seems to be good.

Anyone else used these settings as well? Any comments, recommendations on adjustments either way? Did you find the factory settings were better/worse?

I do see the green a bit, but it only shows during the golden hour...An I've been able to rid that with FCP color adjustments.

Let's hear your stories, pro/con...

Steve,
Bethlehem, Pa.

Myles Williams January 23rd, 2011 12:16 PM

WOW ! Its like a new camera ! Very accurate ! Thanks a ton. I am almost mad at myself as I saw this thread and saved the link about 5 months ago. Now I want to go back and shoot everything again !

One question though, if I were to use "Cinema vivid" with these new settings would that change this TOO much?

thanks !

Mw

Adam Letch January 24th, 2011 02:32 AM

Good to hear from you

on the forum Eugen, did you end up getting and working with the Nanoflash in the end? I'm still wondering if it'll give my 251 a bit more life. I've been spying the pmw500 and pdw800, but had a reality check when I priced the pdw800 with the best colour viewfinder and decent lens at $100k Aus roughly!!
Ouch !!

Eugen Oprina January 24th, 2011 03:47 AM

Myles,
It is not a good idea to use cinema vivid with my settings the colors will be inaccurate.
Adam,
251 and nanoflash work flawless, just get the last firmware and you have a new camera. The difference is significant.
Best,
Eugen