HM700 with Tricaster at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old December 16th, 2009, 04:58 PM   #1
New Boot

HM700 with Tricaster

Greetings, have any of you used a hm 700 with a Tricaster switcher? I would like to set up mobile switching rig for events with the 700 in a studio config with rear controls and LCD monitor and using the SDI out to a NewTek tricaster switcher. I currently have a GY250, but the studio config package is a bit pricey once you add on the ccu's and cabling.
Thanks
Travis Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 10:35 PM   #2
Major Player

Haven't used JVC HM to Tricaster but can't imagine why it would not work. I've used EX-1/3 via SDI (downrezed, of course, since this was prior to the HD version) without any problems.

Currently evaluating the 3Play for an article and it will take any HD signal via SDI or component that you can throw at it.
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #3
Tourist

HM700 with Tricaster

Travis,

You can certainly use a Hm700 with Tricaster how which version may depend on what you can and cannot do with it. If it's a Broadcast, you can down-converter the HD-SDI out of the JVC camera so it's sending SDI in either, 4:3 or 16:9. As far as LCD monitor, you wouldn't need one as the camera has a flip-out LCD monitor on it. So rear lens controls for zoom and focus are easy from (depending on which lens you have) Canon or Fujinon or other makes are out there too. I can get you any of them. We are a Tricaster Elite dealer as well as JVC, Panasonic, Sony Broadcast. You could also do this with a GY-HD250U in a quasi studio config. In case you're not aware, there's another manufacturer making mobile adapters to change the component to 26pin, with full intercom, so you'd only have to purchase that, the CCU and cable and your done. You wouldn't need the big studio sled option. But by the time you add a LCD monitor you're pretty much at the price of a HM700 and it's more portable and you could ISO record in camera with the SDHC cards. Even having more battery time ENG is a plus since the camera has no moving parts like heads etc.... And the HM700 is FULL 1920x1080 where I don't believe the HD250 isn't, I believe that camera is 1440-1080 and mainly only a 720p HDV camcorder.

Keep in mind the XD300 Tricaster HD unit is shipping, so you would have to down-converter anything with 2 or 3 camera's live. It could all be high def and you could edit the final right in SpeedEdit which comes on either system and final it however you need, SD or HD or WebVideo.

Cheers,
Dominic

All the best,
Dominic Cappelletti
WPS
301-942-6800 ext.121
800-718-0818 ext.121
Dominic Cappelletti is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems