HM700 Polar Mitten at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:21 PM   #1
New Boot

HM700 Polar Mitten

Does anyone know of a Company that makes a jacket, like the Portabrace Polar Mitten, that will fit on the HM700 and allow reasonable function?

David.
David Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 07:21 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I have this. Not exactly for cold, but works fine for weather and dew conditions.

Porta Brace | RS-HM700 Mini-DV Rain Slicker | RS-HM700 | B&H

Steve
Steve J. Nordahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2010, 12:11 AM   #3
Major Player

I used HM100 in some cold locations and unfortunately it does not handle the cold well at all. I have not used 700, but I would recommend EX1 or HPX170 over JVC for cold. Polar Mitten was made for HDXXX series, so you should just check PortaBrace website for a model#.
Robert Rogoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2010, 06:05 AM   #4
New Boot

Thanks Steve. However; it's specifically protection agianst sub zero temperatures that I'm looking for.

David.
Old January 5th, 2010, 04:55 AM   #5
New Boot

Thanks Robert.

I was looking for one on their site last week wondering if there may be one that may fit. I stumbled accross the one that states that it fits the HM100. That's what made me think none would fit the 700 or they would have had it in the list. It'll be over a little over a month before I need to get the jacket.

If anyone who has worked with any of these (perhaps slightly mismatched) jackets on the 700 that could offer an opinion of how well they do, sometime over the next month, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David.
Old January 5th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #6
Major Player

David, this one should fit: PortaBrace - Product Detail:POL-3 or PortaBrace - Product Detail:POL-25.
Robert Rogoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 10:27 AM   #7
New Boot

Thanks again Robert,

I hadn't thought of looking at the larger sized cases. I am waiting to hear back from a tailor if he would be able to construct, and offer a decent price, on a custom jacket made of event or goretex that is waterproof and cold proof. If not it looks like one of these you link to will be the solution.

I'm kind of hoping the custom option will be pheasble rather than a generic fit.

David.
David Walsh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems