Rear Bracket Solution for HM700? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old May 11th, 2010, 02:20 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Rear Bracket Solution for HM700?

Has anyone come up with a rear mounted accessory bracket solution of the HM700? I used to clip my wireless audio receivers on the rear of my HD110 (the AB adapter had a nifty flange for attaching an accessory bracket). No such luck with the built-in AB adapter on the HM700. Any ideas?
Jon Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:16 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I purchased SWIT batteries, with have a slot on the back that Swit make for a radio mic adapter

In the past I have use Velcro on the batteries to attache a mic to the camera.
Zulqar Cheema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #3
Major Player

I had the same problem with my camera only I use the IDX mount. My 100 was all setup with the receiver bracket and HDD bracket but my new 700 didn't have the mounting positions. But when I ordered my camera it came with the free IDX battery/mount deal from JVC. Part of the equipment that came with it was a 100/110 bracket. I took the bracket off and carefully (lets say that again: carefully) drilled the proper holes in the metal bracket. It wasn't too bad because the IDX mount seated right on it so the holes were easy to establish. I was looking at the AB mount while I had off the camera and it could be done with that as well. The holes would have been in a different position but it was possible.

So you have a few options: Find someone who did the IDX promo when they bought their 700 but doesn't need their bracket and ask them for it. Or, the best option would be to find someone who's making a ready to mount bracket that works with your AB plate. I don't like drilling and making things work but because the mount came as part of the package, and I had no other use for it, I went ahead and adapted it. It would be great if you could find a specific mount for the application but I'm not sure what's out there right now.
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Ben,

I don't see anywhere on the AB mount where you could drill into (certainly not into the plastic). The old AB mount on the HD250 for example had a metal flange with mounting holes built right in between the mount and the camera body. The HM700 AB mount has no such mounting flange. I noticed that the IDX adapter has a half sized metal flange near the bottom of the mount....but I use AB batteries.
Jon Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:35 PM   #5
Major Player

I just did some more searching and found what you need: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/472158-REG/JVC_AB_FSKIT2_ABFSKIT2_Accessory_Bracket.html
You would need to unscrew the AB mount, then put that mounting plate on the right side of the picture in-between the AB mount and the camera body. No holes to drill and it's all set for the AB mount.

The price is pretty good because a similar IDX mount is $196.
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Ben, thanks for finding that. Has anyone here attached the ABFSKIT2 plate to an HM-700? The B&H info doesn't list the HM-700 as one of the compatible camera bodies, but the bolt pattern looks correct. I'm just unsure as to how the existing AB mount connects to the power from the camera body, and whether or not the ABFSKIT2 plate will interfere with that connection. I would just like to have more info before I start disassembling it. Does anyone have an image of the back of the HM700u with the battery adapter removed?
Jon Springer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems