JVC HM700 restore media at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old May 20th, 2010, 11:05 AM   #1
New Boot

JVC HM700 restore media

We just had an experience with "restore media" on our HM700. The message popped up on the viewfinder recently while our crew was on a shoot where we were using a new Transcend 32 GB card (made in Taiwan). Once this happened we put aside that card, and went on with the production on another SDHC card. Although we have not looked carefully at the entire files yet, it seems that all of the files are intact upon transfer.

I am trying to decide whether to send the card back as defective, or consider that that camera "burped", lost power at the wrong time, etc. What other experience with this error has been encountered?

Thanks,
Advertising - Video Production - Web Site Design
Alan Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #2
Major Player

I have had this message a few times. Mostly when I shut the camera off to change batteries but forget to wait for the camera to finish writing the file before I take the battery off. In all cases I can look at all my files except for the last one. When I restore the card the last file is perfectly useable. I have now learned to wait a little longer to take my battery off the camera.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 06:15 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Restore error...all lost?

Hi,

I do have a 'Restore Error' with my HM-700. I tried to restore the files on my SDHC card (manual page 33) but this failed...
Does anyone have a work around on this? I am not sure how this happened. It might be that I shut down the camera while it was recording. Are all previous shot files now lost?

Thanks for answering!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems