DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Question with JVC HM700U..ASAP!. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/482469-question-jvc-hm700u-asap.html)

Sheldon Maddux July 27th, 2010 07:54 AM

Question with JVC HM700U..ASAP!.

Every time I hit either record button on the camera words pop up on the LCD screen saying REC INHIBITED..How can I fix this or get it to start recording?!

Tim Dashwood July 27th, 2010 08:27 AM

Take your SDHC card out and slide the "lock" on the left side toward the front of the card.

Sheldon Maddux July 27th, 2010 08:34 AM

Thanks for the help but with this particular problem that's not it..I think its because my SD cards are full on memory..Do you know how I can delete footage from them?

Steve Phillipps July 27th, 2010 08:44 AM

To delete cards there should be a Format option somewhere in the card menu.
Steve

Sheldon Maddux July 27th, 2010 08:53 AM

Thanks guys I got it all cleared.

Bob Richardson July 27th, 2010 03:09 PM

Glad your problem was cleared up by the suggestions, but for anyone else reading there's one other thing to check for -- on the top handle, there is a small slider switch on the side to prevent accidental recording with the handle's record button. When in the locked position, the top button won't invoke (or cancel) recording. This is great for carrying the camera around by the handle, but not so great if you miss something because you didn't realize the button was locked out.

Daniel Trout November 22nd, 2010 03:52 PM

And I recommend keeping that switch set to "Record Prohibit." There've been several instances for me during "Run and Gun" shoots where I mistakenly bumped it while carrying by the handle.

Fortunately, deleting those "Doh" clips is a lot easer than it was when I'd do that SAME thing on my old Canon XL1

John Doran June 1st, 2019 02:19 AM

Re: Question with JVC HM700U..ASAP!.

Having a problem with my 850,
The record inhibit ! It’s not
The cards or the switch as mentioned here, anyone any ideas as to what else it could be ?

Paul R Johnson June 2nd, 2019 12:31 AM

Read the other topic john. I don't have a solution I'm afraid but you've ruled out a faulty slot by swapping the cards, and ruled out faulty cards by swapping those? Question. Will the camera format the card? Not this problem but I did mange to format a card and then wrote protect it in Windows by setting permissions like you can do on a hard drive, as in preventing write access? Is there any chance the card is protected software wise rather than the switch? As I assume you've tried multiples, it would mean them all having been protected, but an in camera format would rule it out. Other than this I suspect it is a firmware issue. Is there an update available you could update with just to check. I have a 750 and can't think of anything you could have accidentally checked by mistake in a menus, so if the cards work on other kit, I'm stumped.. Have you tried old part-filled cards?

John Doran June 3rd, 2019 03:29 PM

Ok
Problem solved ! It’s down to the card used, speed and class..
I usually shoot 720p and I had an128gb card .. works great ,