new member introduction at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old January 4th, 2011, 08:20 AM   #1
Inner Circle

new member introduction

As a brand new (and very excited HM700 user) I wanted to introduce myself to the group.
I've been in video since 1974 and am currently a staff producer at the community college I work for.
The Entertainment Technology program who I work very closely with just bought an HM700 (in addition to a Newtek Tricaster TCXD300) for their program and, as the resident video "expert", they get to stay with me :)
Needless to say, I'm looking forward to playing with the new "toy".

I live and work in Windsor, Ontario and am fortunate in that there are other JVCs (200s and 250s) in town as well if I need to borrow one or more for a multi-camera shoot.
Since it's brand new, I've only had a limited chance to play with it but am very impressed so far.
BTW, I decided to go with the Canon 14x4 lens and think this was a good choice on my part.

My NLE of choice is Sony Vegas and I've dropped raw mp4 files of all different sizes on the timeline (Pro 8, 9 and 10) with no problems whatsoever.

I'm familiar with the JVC line as my department has a pair of JVC-550Us and, while I've been very happy with them, it's time to finally get out of the SD 4:3 world.
I feel that the HM700 is the right tool to allow me to do this.

I'm sure that I'll have questions as I move forward with this camera and am glad to have found this group to help me out.

Mike Kujbida
Staff Producer
Media Services
St. Clair College
Windsor, Ontario
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #2
Major Player

Welcome to this part of the forum

Mike,

I think I mainly know your name from the Vegas threads, The JVCs are great camera's, get the colour matrix sorted straight away, there should be a sticky for it, I dont know how the 700 matches the 251 which I use, but I use True Colour 3 with good results. Enjoy.

Regards

Adam
Adam Letch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems