Loose hinge on LCD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:46 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Loose hinge on LCD

Long time ago this problem was brought up by a fellow poster with no reply, and now my 700 is suffering from the same problem.

The LCD screen is getting looser and looser when in the "out" position. There must be a screw of some kind that needs tightening, but for the life of me, I can't get to it.

Has anyone had any luck tightening the screw that holds the LCH hinge - and how do you get to it????

/peter
Peter Erfurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 07:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Loose hinge on LCD

I may have been the the one who posted the loose LCD screen. After calling JVC the only option for me was to send it back for repair. Now good as new and done within warranty. My belief is that there was a broken part in the hinge--not a screw that needed to be tighten.
Mike Bailey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems