OT: attaching a wireless mic receiver at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old March 10th, 2011, 11:03 AM   #1
Inner Circle

OT: attaching a wireless mic receiver

Having recently acquired an HM700, I needed to find a way to attach my Lectrosonic wireless mic receiver (3" x 5" x 1") to it.
My first thought was a large piece if Velcro on the back of the Dionic battery but when I saw the vents on it, I didn't think I could.
I sent an email to Anton Bauer asking if I could do this and here's their response if anyone else is considering this.
BTW, they replied back in less than 30 minutes. Gotta love a company that quick :)

Although the vents are there for heat disbursement, the Dionics never get warm as they are charged using a proprietary Anton Bauer Li-Ion specific charge routine (i-min) which negates the cause for heat buildup. The actual cases are in the same format as our Hytron50, which being NiMh, can build-up heat which would need to disperse...that is why they have these slots. So, there’s no need to worry about blocking those vents for the D90 (they are internally taped over anyways).

It would be difficult to mount a backplate between the QR-JVC-Digit gold mount and camera, so Velcro or dual-lock would work nicely.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Re: OT: attaching a wireless mic receiver

I have velcro'd my wireless receiver to my Dionic90's for 3 years now on my JVC GY-HD200's with nary an issue, for what it's worth. I placed my velcro specifically to avoid covering the "vents"
Old March 10th, 2011, 01:23 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks Shaun. Good to know that.
It occurred to me after posting that I should have done a search to see if this topic had come up before but I neglected to.
I hope this doesn't mean that I'm going to be forced into using a TK-76 and 3/4" deck again :)
Old March 10th, 2011, 02:49 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Velcro and Duct Tape. 2 more wonders of the world. We would be lost without them.
Long live Velcro and Duct Tape!!!!!
O|O
\--/
Old March 10th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Don, Red Green (a Canadian television legend !!) would be very proud to hear you say that about duct tape :)
Old March 13th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #6
Regular Crew

while not the same size, I attached the Sennheiser to the battery just fine. I have 2 spares and each has velco attached.

Myles
Myles Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I ultimately bought an Anton Bauer back plate "Universal BP" (don't buy the JVC BP, the universal is a much better fit) and the adapter plate "ABWMK HD100." Now I screw on the HD100 and velcro the wireless receiver to it. It also leaves another plate available to add another reciever or in my case a nanoFlash. Yeah I know a lot more expensive than velcro to battery but it does give you that confidence of a good mount and options for the unforseen.
Mike Bailey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems