DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Question on whether the 35mm Letus Adapter/Relay system is compatable with HM700's (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-800-700-600-series-camera-systems/498137-question-whether-35mm-letus-adapter-relay-system-compatable-hm700s.html)

Steve J. Nordahl July 6th, 2011 07:57 AM

Question on whether the 35mm Letus Adapter/Relay system is compatable with HM700's

I am starting to gather information on my next upgrade... 35mm adapters for my GY-HM700U.

Does anyone know if the Letus Ultimate (or Elite) adapter & 1/3 inch relay will work with the HM series cams? It states the HD series, but I've heard that there is no actual interface with the electronics in the HM series..

Quote from the Letus website..
"... ... ...The Letus 1/3" relay lens is designed for cameras with a 1/3 inch image sensor and removable lens system. The Letus relay will allow you to attach a Letus adapter (Extreme, Elite, or Ultimate) directly to your camera body on cameras with removable lenses with standard 1/3" mount such as the Panasonic HPX300, Sony Z7 and JVC HD series.... ... ..."

If it does work well with HM's, what were your observations, workarounds for incompatibility issues, and if I may ask, general Pro's & Cons...

Let me know. Thanks in advance..

Steve J. Nordahl
Bethlehem, Pa.

Mike Kujbida July 6th, 2011 08:35 PM

Re: Question on whether the 35mm Letus Adapter/Relay system is compatable with HM700'

A friend of mine at a local post house bought one for their 200B and here's his response.

The issue on a JVC 200B was that there was a colour shift all of the time as soon as you mounted the Letus adapter mount, greenish or blue, I can't remember.
We tried it on another 200B and it had the same problem.
I can't say for sure if it would be an issue in the 700 series.

Steve J. Nordahl July 7th, 2011 05:57 AM

Re: Question on whether the 35mm Letus Adapter/Relay system is compatable with HM700'

Thanks Mike..

Steve

Mike Kujbida July 7th, 2011 11:03 AM

Steve, I wish I had an answer on whether it would work with the 700 series or not but this guy is the only person locally I know that has one.
Hopefully Letus has fixed the color shift problem for the 700 series.

Tim Dashwood July 10th, 2011 10:53 PM

Yes it will work with the HD200 series or HM700 series. Both cameras can also flip the image but I can't remember if that is necessary on the Letus.

You can tune out the chromatic aberrations (specifically green/magenta gradations) using the white shading feature.