HD-SDI output problem on the HM750 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:33 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: HD-SDI output problem on the HM750

Today is a happy day.

Over the past days I have been e- mailing with JVC UK regarding my HM750. They have truly been extremely helpful resolving my problem with the HD-SDI output. I am impressed with the way they have been responding and their courtesy in doing so.

I am not sure what caused the problem but it is fixed now. They have also updated the firmware on the KA-MR100G recorder that I attached to the camera.

When I first received my HM750 I noticed that the focus ring on the Canon 14x lens was very stiff, but didn`t concern myself with it at that point. JVC however noticed the problem on their own and replaced the lens altogether. That is impressive.

Now I am looking forward to receiving my camera and finally put it to use.

JVC has me impressed way beyond any other manufacturer. I am just one single person running a small business but they made me feel important. I am sticking with JVC from now on.
Svein Rune Skilnand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 03:18 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Kjempeflott!

I'm really impressed with the kind of customer care JVC shows time after time.
Happy for you that everything was taken care of.
Petter Flink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2013, 07:11 AM   #18
Major Player

Yesterday I finally received my camera. It has survived the transportation it seems from my initial tests.

If there is any interest I thought I would share what the technician wrote on the repair note. Not sure if this is helpful to Mike and Simon but I would like to share anyway:

"HDI connection on PCB was not making correctly. This was rectified and tested as necessary. HDI output is now present and working. The original lens had a very stiff focus ring. Lens has been replaced."

English is not my first language, but if I am reading the note correctly I believe PCB stands for print circuit board, telling me that the connection between the HDI contact and the circuit board was not properly connected in the first place.

Anyway I am glad it is sorted out now.
Svein Rune Skilnand is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems