710 Field Monitor Tally at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM8xx, HM7xx and HM6xx ProHD camcorders & decks.

Old May 23rd, 2014, 06:43 AM   #1
Tourist

710 Field Monitor Tally

Hi all!

I'm looking at buying a couple of 710s for live production/event production. I want to pair it with the HI-H71HI field monitor. The question... The monitor uses a D-Sub connector for the tally connection. What system is this?! I have searched and searched and I can't figure out how to get a tally signal to the cameras! I'll be coming out of a Panasonic switcher with with the big Paralell-looking GPI/Tally connection. How does this work?
Taylor Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2014, 06:49 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: 710 Field Monitor Tally

D-sub is an extremely common connector style that's been around for decades. They come in many variations with 9-pin and 15-pin connectors being the most common. VGA computer monitors use D-sub style connectors. Unfortunately tally and intercom systems have remained in the 1980's with the style of wiring they use so you are stuck with wiring your own system together especially since you are not using studio style cameras. Go to L-Com, they have a huge catalog of connectors and adapters for problems like this. You might be able to buy some breakout d-sub adapters for both the switcher and the monitors that will help you avoid a soldering job. I've bought items like that from them in the past.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 800 / 700 / 600 Series Camera Systems