New JVC Camcorder at IBC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM150, HM100, HM70 recording AVCHD MP4 & QuickTime .MOV to SDHC cards.

Old September 15th, 2008, 03:21 AM   #1
HDV Cinema

New JVC Camcorder at IBC

I just received this in an email from Martin Kravagna at IBC. Translated:

Thunder weather, there stands nevertheless at the JVC conditions of the IBC in Amsterdam already the new entering he model of JVC Profesional, which could go through exactly the same as Top model of the Konsumerliga. It reminds [us] in the form at the first Hp-Boliden of JVC, which JY-HD10, with which JVC introduced a HDV booming at that time with the Semiprofis.

It is a genuine Leichtgewicht Camcorder, which would be to be served also still without Schulterstützen and wrist cramp and is clearly smaller, than for instance the Panasonic beginner HMC151.

Much was over the model advised for in the middle of 2009 not yet to experience - also not whether it will give a abgespeckte Konsumerversion. The 3-Chip-Modell is to remain faithful also for the 720p-Format, which will be safe to find in the 25 and 50p-Variante.

The two SDHC Card modules on the very clearly arranged broadside were extremely remarkable. Thus it is clear that the commitment of JVC might not in the future only lie in the SxS range. 72 Giga Günstigspeicher [affordable memory], perfect a 2-Kanal-Soundabteilung with manual rejection, manual glare and time adjustment at the tail and a abnehmbarter handle including clay/tone department. Much more was not to be recognized. As price JVC indicates - Professional a conception between 3000 and 4000 euros.
Attached Thumbnails
New JVC Camcorder at IBC-jvc-1.jpg   New JVC Camcorder at IBC-jvc-2.jpg  

Last edited by Steve Mullen; September 15th, 2008 at 06:18 AM.
Steve Mullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 03:51 AM   #2
Wrangler

I wonder if it is being released through the Pro division or consumer or variants for both (as with HD1 and HD10?) I can't quite see if it carries the ProHD logo.
I hope they will have 720p24 in the North American version.
Old September 15th, 2008, 04:44 AM   #3
Major Player

In "English" (according to babel.yahoo.com)

Considerações Steve worthy! Your translation of the Japanese is thus very logical that a whale on rad three. Who corner German to finish in superior part in it? E wasn' ; t it right to more simply give to us to the heart it and not uninterpreted of the translation?

George/
George Kroonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 05:23 AM   #4
Major Player

Any idea where we can get any more information on this unit? There's very little info in his press release.
Stuart Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 06:14 AM   #5
HDV Cinema

This the only link I can find.

VIDEOAKTIV DIGITAL - die Zeitschrift fr aktive Filmer - IBC-Studie: JVC mit Mini-Profi-Cam

ProHD label seems to likely to mean MPEG-2. At 19Mbps, HDV can certainly go to SD cards just like AVCHD at 17Mbps. I think JVC would be crazy not to offer 24p -- although 25p/30p is proven to be useful when the end product is not film -- which increasingly is the case. 30p nicely goes to 60i Blu-ray and the net.

My real questions are three chips or one? CCD or CMOS?

And, does it include a tape transport?
Old September 15th, 2008, 07:00 AM   #6
Major Player

Thanks for the link.

Looks like tapeless acquisition. I can't see any tape carriage, but then guessing specs from an image is always dodgy!

My first questions are;

What is JVC's aim here?
Is supposed to be an EX3 rival or something?
Why no 1080p?
What's the chip(s) and what size is it?
What on earth is it and why?

The heading says that this is an entry level camcorder from JVC Pro which also fits into the best 'Prosumer' bracket. This to me implies that this is indeed a Prosumer camera aimed at both markets to increase sales?

Who knows!? What is certain is that a little speculation is always fun!

Maybe it also has a built in coffee machine! That would be nice.
Stuart Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 07:18 AM   #7
Obstreperous Rex

Was this on public display in JVC's booth at IBC?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 08:01 AM   #8
Regular Crew

I know some words in german and this is what I could understand from the german magazine

It is a 3 chip camcorder

720P/25 and 50

I think "72 Giga-Günstigspeicher" means 72GB memory and you can also use SDHC-Card

Manual Aperture
Old September 15th, 2008, 08:11 AM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Mullen View Post
ProHD label seems to likely to mean MPEG-2. At 19Mbps, HDV can certainly go to SD cards just like AVCHD at 17Mbps. I think JVC would be crazy not to offer 24p -- although 25p/30p is proven to be useful when the end product is not film -- which increasingly is the case. 30p nicely goes to 60i Blu-ray and the net.

My real questions are three chips or one? CCD or CMOS?

And, does it include a tape transport?
Wow, thanks Steve!

I have waited 4 years for the successor to my JVC GR-HD1 (and thanks for the manual years ago).

1. The picture in your post says 3 CCD on the side of the camera.

2. Judging from the design of the old HD series (which looks incredibly similar), the area where the tape used to go is now too small for a tape transport mechanism and dosen't appear to have the switch to open the tape door.

3. This is a compact camera compared to the XH-A1 for instance.

It almost looks a little too much like the old camera. Same zoom rocker switch and similar looking controls.

I still can't wait to hear more since I prefer 720P.
Old September 15th, 2008, 08:47 AM   #10
Wrangler

I just received confirmation that this mystery camera is indeed on public display in the JVC booth at IBC.
There is no official press release but JVC Europe staff are answering questions.

Is anyone at IBC today who could go on a fact-finding mission? I'd like to see some better photos, especially a frame from the top with a hand or those SD cards to determine the size.
Old September 15th, 2008, 09:34 AM   #11
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
PURELY speculation but the three position gain switch on the front left leads me to believe this is a pro-sumer/light professional as opposed to a full consumer model. Great find! Interesting stuff coming from JVC these days...
Old September 15th, 2008, 12:17 PM   #12
Obstreperous Rex

Moved from JVC Pro Hd to Industry News... at least until we can find out more about this camcorder.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 12:33 PM   #13
MPS Digital Studios

Wow, I'm having bad HD10 flashbacks! I think if the camera is fully manual and has better controls + 24p, it may actually be a winner.

Heath
Old September 15th, 2008, 02:21 PM   #14
Regular Crew

This camera was on display at IBC. The staff was very mysterious about it though. What I could see:

- 2 XLR inputs
- ND filter
- 3CCD logo on the side, but the spokesman said it would be CMOS (???), 1/3" CCD
- no info about framerates and resolutions, but 720p will be there
- 1 ring on the front (focus and zoom?)
Robin Hemerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 05:53 PM   #15
Regular Crew

....The staff was very mysterious about it though....because they truly have no more information. The camera has no model number yet.

The camera is showing publicly at IBC but not at the front. You have to ask a JVC representative to show you the camera, or just ask where the refreshments are then look at you right hand side :)

By the way, I am not sure it was mentioned here but JVC is apparently not any more under the Panasonic umbrella. It was sold to Kenwood not so long time ago.

Thanks.

Johnnie
Johnnie Behiri is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems