HM100 Production Model In Sight Yet? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM150, HM100, HM70 recording AVCHD MP4 & QuickTime .MOV to SDHC cards.

Old April 26th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Rowe View Post
Steve. Is the price as per ProAvs website? I have a demo booked for the HM100 with a dealer in Exeter, so hopefully it should be next week. Looking forward to it.
Yessir. 2495. Wide angle 195, extra batt 95.

A couple a years ago I bought some Hytron 140s and a charger from Proav and was very impressed by their service. Pleased to be buying from them as I always prefer to patronize enthusiastic and helpful retailers.

Cotty
Steve Cottrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 04:16 PM   #17
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Walker View Post
Above Tim says the word is that delivery is on schedule, but I don't know where the word comes from. He has a working relationship with JVC, and he was just at NAB with JVC, so I presume the word is from JVC...Since where in the delivery chain the cameras are doesn't really involve any trade secrets, I don't know why JVC is remaining silent on the subject. It would seem to JVCs benefit to let people know when the cameras would be available.
Anyone who attended the booth, the press luncheon or FCP Supermeet was told that the HM100 is available "immediately."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Walker View Post
And there is still no low-light footage from the HM100, even after NAB. I am sure JVC has had access to a production camera if they exist and could have shot a few frames to demonstrate the "outstanding low-light capabilities."
It seemed that the few cameras made available for the booth arrived last minute and were immediately set up for NAB. I managed to get one for an afternoon last Sunday and took it out for testing (along with the HM700 & Canon 14x lens - more on that to come.)
I demonstrated the "lo-lux" feature to many interested in the HM100. I didn't take the camera out on the strip at night but I may have one or two low-light clips on one of my SDHC cards. I'm looking now.
Old April 26th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #18
Trustee

If you had a clip, that would be great.

The comment from B&H may have been confused with the arrival of the Canon lens for the HM700 or there may have been a similar misunderstanding or lack of info.

The ProAV site in the UK now shows the HM100 to be in stock.

Perhaps tomorrow B&H will have info on when they will be shipping their prepaid orders.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 05:05 PM   #19
Major Player

JVC GY-HM 100 lOW light footage

http://www.vimeo.com/4344852

Just got back from Vegas did a quick edit on some of the footage, had about 30min to play with the cam at NAB. The cam feels very solid well built the irs on the back of the cam took some getting use to it dose not roll you have to click it up or down. The Cam preformed well in low light. I think its on par with the canon A1. I will do a more detail write up tomr. on my way to a Video shoot.
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 05:28 PM   #20
Regular Crew

the video is marked as private... :(
Matt San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 05:40 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt San View Post
the video is marked as private... :(
Try it now Matt
Old April 26th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #22
Regular Crew

yea working now - thanks for posting the footage - ill go check it out :)
Old April 26th, 2009, 05:58 PM   #23
Regular Crew

looking quite clean even on 6db of gain - I know you can only judge so much due to recompression (even downloaded the file) but still - quite impressive for 1/4 chips.

Even my EX1 has noticable noise on 6db gain (i know its CMOS) so all in all I'd say JVC have done a good job on this cam

let the footage roll!
Old April 26th, 2009, 06:35 PM   #24
Trustee

Thank you for the example footage!
Old April 26th, 2009, 07:14 PM   #25
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt San View Post
looking quite clean even on 6db of gain - I know you can only judge so much due to recompression (even downloaded the file) but still - quite impressive for 1/4 chips.

Even my EX1 has noticable noise on 6db gain (i know its CMOS) so all in all I'd say JVC have done a good job on this cam

let the footage roll!
Shot the same footage with my EX1 will post side by side footage later this week. I will up load to my website or post on YouTube HD
Old April 26th, 2009, 07:39 PM   #26
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Rhodes View Post
Shot the same footage with my EX1 will post side by side footage later this week. I will up load to my website or post on YouTube HD
Yes, I would like to see the comparison as I have no experience with the EX1.
Old April 26th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #27
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood View Post
Anyone who attended the booth, the press luncheon or FCP Supermeet was told that the HM100 is available "immediately."

It seemed that the few cameras made available for the booth arrived last minute and were immediately set up for NAB. I managed to get one for an afternoon last Sunday and took it out for testing (along with the HM700 & Canon 14x lens - more on that to come.)
I demonstrated the "lo-lux" feature to many interested in the HM100. I didn't take the camera out on the strip at night but I may have one or two low-light clips on one of my SDHC cards. I'm looking now.
Sir,

Are you going to upload those clips?

Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 04:13 AM   #28
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cottrell View Post
Yessir. 2495. Wide angle 195, extra batt 95.

A couple a years ago I bought some Hytron 140s and a charger from Proav and was very impressed by their service. Pleased to be buying from them as I always prefer to patronize enthusiastic and helpful retailers.

Cotty
Thanks for that Steve. Looking forward to trying this little guy out.
Old April 27th, 2009, 03:48 PM   #29
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Rowe View Post
Thanks for that Steve. Looking forward to trying this little guy out.
Yeah, me too. I'm picking up either tomorrow or Weds. I have to be at London Heathrow (filming tunnel boring under the runways for new baggage system) so hopefully time to pop up to Hemel Hempstead, if they've arrived. If not I'm free Weds so boys and toys....

Will advise.

Cotty
Steve Cottrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2009, 07:17 AM   #30
Regular Crew

This is 24p and it looks very dark. In 50i or 60i with a steady /stop it will be even worse. It reminds me of the V1E which I was really close to buy but I didn't because the low light was disappointing. Of course you can't expect more from 1/4 chips.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems