DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-150-100-70-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Hm-100 day and night footage (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hm-150-100-70-series-camera-systems/236039-hm-100-day-night-footage.html)

Brian Rhodes May 25th, 2009 11:10 AM

Hm-100 day and night footage

JVC GY HM-100 shot at 720 60p rendered to 24p Day & Night

JVC GY HM-100 shot at 720 60p rendered to 24p Day & Night on Vimeo

Mark Williams May 25th, 2009 11:30 AM

Brian, thanks for posting. I left you a few questions over at vimeo. Really impressive for 1/4" CCDs.

Matthias Krause May 28th, 2009 10:05 AM

Hi Brian, I see that you are already selling your HM100. Would you mind to tell us why?
Thanks,
Matthias

Jack Walker May 28th, 2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthias Krause (Post 1149694)
Hi Brian, I see that you are already selling your HM100. Would you mind to tell us why?
Thanks,
Matthias

I am also interested to know.

Brian Rhodes May 29th, 2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthias Krause (Post 1149694)
Thanks,
Matthias

Matthias

I have two EX1’s, two canon 5d mark II’s, Canon HV30, and a Canon HF11. I also do still photography I do not like shooting video with the canon because there is no manual setting. I got an email last week informing me of new firmware coming soon that will allow manual shutter speed, aperture and ISO on the mark II. I bought the JVC because of its small size, XDCAM format and to take along on my photo shoots ... I like everything about the cam except the LCD screen, iris and shutter control. I know you cannot compare it to the EX1 there to different class of cams... If it were five years ago and I was still shooting everything on AUTO mode I would love this cam .. The controls are just alien to me and they probably will just take some getting use too. Got a call for a job earlier today for a photo shoot in New York I am leaving tonight. I am packing the MARKS and the JVC. I may re-think selling it when I return on Tuesday. I will post the footage on YouTube or Vimeo on WED.

Kaushik Parmar May 30th, 2009 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Rhodes (Post 1150594)
Matthias

I have two EX1’s, two canon 5d mark II’s, Canon HV30, and a Canon HF11. I also do still photography I do not like shooting video with the canon because there is no manual setting. I got an email last week informing me of new firmware coming soon that will allow manual shutter speed, aperture and ISO on the mark II. I bought the JVC because of its small size, XDCAM format and to take along on my photo shoots ... I like everything about the cam except the LCD screen, iris and shutter control. I know you cannot compare it to the EX1 there to different class of cams... If it were five years ago and I was still shooting everything on AUTO mode I would love this cam .. The controls are just alien to me and they probably will just take some getting use too. Got a call for a job earlier today for a photo shoot in New York I am leaving tonight. I am packing the MARKS and the JVC. I may re-think selling it when I return on Tuesday. I will post the footage on YouTube or Vimeo on WED.

If this is the reson, I am ok, I was afraid and wanted to know why you are selling your HM-100? But I wish you keep it, waiting for your new footage. I like your 5DMKII, want to bu it lets see when! Even I really like HM-100 also, to me its great camera.

Thanks,
Kaushik